Rear Control Arm Bushing Squeak/Creak

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
As the title states, I have a faint squeak/creak and it sounds like it is the lower, front bushing on the right side.

The Jeep has about 3000mi on it and is setup as mentioned in my signature. The control arms are stock, however, the bolts were upgraded with the NorthRidge4x4 bolt kit.

Any suggestions? What kind of lube would help?

Thanks!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Probably too tight of a tolerance. I don't see how a factory bushing can squeak. Just a guess.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Are the control arms torqued to spec? Power wash the ends and spray some lube in them I guess. About all you can do for factory bushings.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
All good info olram and thanks for the suggestions. I plan on pulling the bolts tomorrow, clean the areas, apply a little silicone grease, and then re-torque to spec.

We'll see what that yields...

Thanks again!
ERAU

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
as mentioned its prob the bolts. i have zero issues with my factory bolts so it could be the upgrades you bought. just makes sure they are torqued to spec.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
It's the torque setting as mentioned. Even spray grease won't do anything. The factory torsion rubber will not make a noise. It's more than likely to loose.

Are you sure it's not your sway-bar bushings? Mine squeak pretty badly, but everytime I get ready to pull them they shut-up :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom