EVO front bumper and later down the road

bkac

Caught the Bug
I'm geting ready to pull the trigger on an EVO 1/4 front bumper with stinger. The question I have is once I cut the crossmember can I ever install another bumper without repairing the frame first? I'm really wanting the EVO but the LoD sig stubby has it's perks. I want something where the winch sits low because I'm planning for a Warn Powerplant down the road. Does anyone have photos of how much you need to cut for the EVO?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Just the crash bar. Not the frame horns. You could put the factory back on if needed

JKbrick

My first thought was I don't want to cut that off the frame. My second thought was my 1/4 pounder is a hell of a lot stronger than that little piece of the frame could ever be, so it disappeared

bkac

Caught the Bug
My first thought was I don't want to cut that off the frame. My second thought was my 1/4 pounder is a hell of a lot stronger than that little piece of the frame could ever be, so it disappeared

I ordered it today. No turning back now! :)

Sent from my SCH-I925 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I ordered it today. No turning back now! :)

Sent from my SCH-I925 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice! I didn't get a stinger yet but Overlander said to get the bolts in the top you have to trim the frame end plate. Strizzychris probably has it in his write up too

olram30

I just drilled and bought longer bolts fit the top. The back ones are a pain to tighten

bkac

Caught the Bug
Help with synergy drag link flip and evo 1/4 pounder

I installed a synergy drag link flip with my enforcer kit. I have Rubi jku. I am in the process of getting ready for the evo front bumper arriving Tuesday, i noticed this morning that my drag link is hitting and bent my factory swaybar link on the passenger side during a hard flex. I also noticed that when i just rotated my Rubi sway bar motor that the draglink is really close to the sway bar motor now. It looks like its going to hit it. Does anyone else have a synergy drag link flip and a rotated sway bay motor?

Bent sway bar link
1410115174743.jpg

Backside looking to the front
1410115217614.jpg

Paint is chipped on draglink where it's hitting
1410115252811.jpg

Here is a shot of the sway bay motor.
1410115333274.jpg

1410115362682.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

I am no expert but that bracket looks like it is designed for manual disconnects... here are some pics of the my bracket.

branman10.jpg

branman11.jpg

olram30

Your not the first person to have issues with the pinch ears from a synergy drag link making contact. Looks like you flipped your motor different than mine also. The plug used to be facing the bottom.

olram30

Also, looks like you used the bottom hole in the track bar bracket for the sway bar link. Aren't you supposed to use the top and the extension on the other side?

olram30

Pretty sure looking at it your sway bar link is bent us because it hit the bracket and not because of the drag link. But it's making contact now because it's bent.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Also, looks like you used the bottom hole in the track bar bracket for the sway bar link. Aren't you supposed to use the top and the extension on the other side?

I was just reading about that. I think your right. I'm going to move them when installing the coilovers next week.

I'm going to take more pictures off my sway bar motor. My plug is now on the bottom after rotating it.

bkac

Caught the Bug

Here is my sway bar motor after i rotated it. Is this correct? I have a 2014 model if it matters.

1410117420568.jpg

1410117448731.jpg

1410117479350.jpg

1410117516108.jpg

1410117543175.jpg

See how close it its to the radiator...
1410117649021.jpg

bkac

Caught the Bug
Coilover also! dude major transformation... starting to get a little jealous :D Will we see you on 37's for the Rubicon trip?

No, imo trying to hold off until tax time. It's going tot be hard though. I really want them. I only have 2500 miles on the 35s. Slabs and 37s :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Coilover also! dude major transformation... starting to get a little jealous :D Will we see you on 37's for the Rubicon trip?

Hey branman, look what i did yesterday..,
Love it to. It didn't dawn on me until after I cut the second fender that I was getting coilovers and could have just raise it a little more to keep the fenders out of the flares whole running 35s. It's gonna look a little weird with coilovers, flat fenders, and 35s for the time being.

Now get your saw out :):thumbup:

1410118197044.jpg

1410118240585.jpg

Top Bottom