confused with ARB air compressor options

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Hey guys/girls,
I am looking into getting an air compressor specifically the ARB air compressor. I am only going to be filling 35" tires.
i have been doing some searching and price checking and i ran into a question that i am confused with on Northridge4x4 website.
I have E-lockers that i use right now and am not in the market for running air lockers until the E-lockers fail or several years down the road. my confusion ended up at 2 products that are the same but aren't, and i don't really know the difference. I am wondering if someone can help clear up the difference of them.
Screen shot 2014-09-04 at 7.55.03 PM.png

HILLZ

Hey guys/girls,
I am looking into getting an air compressor specifically the ARB air compressor. I am only going to be filling 35" tires.
i have been doing some searching and price checking and i ran into a question that i am confused with on Northridge4x4 website.
I have E-lockers that i use right now and am not in the market for running air lockers until the E-lockers fail or several years down the road. my confusion ended up at 2 products that are the same but aren't, and i don't really know the difference. I am wondering if someone can help clear up the difference of them.
View attachment 98836

Kit on the right is just the compressor and wiring harness by the looks, on the left is compressor, air hose and fittings plus mounting bracket to suit 07 to 11 JK's. all stated in the descriptions so not sure on the question.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
i guess my question was a little vague. Let me try again. the right has a list of what is included. the left basically shows what is included but no real "description".
so my question: which one should i go with if i just want to open the package, install, and head out to a trail and know i will be able to air up after im done wheeling?

i guess my question was a little vague. Let me try again. the right has a list of what is included. the left basically shows what is included but no real "description".
so my question: which one should i go with if i just want to open the package, install, and head out to a trail and know i will be able to air up after im done wheeling?

Well if you don't have the air hose and everything yet get the one on the left. Either one can be used for air lockers down the road by adding a manifold kit and a couple locker solenoids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

liljohn850

Hey guys/girls,
View attachment 98836

If your intention is to only air up, I'd go with the one on the right to be done with it. Mounting under the hood is awesome. I had a smittybilt compressor on the synergy mount. Personally, if I could go back in time I'd have bought the mid level ARB compressor and mount it in the same spot.

HILLZ

if you buy the one on the right you will still need to get the air line that runs from the compressor to the tyres, the mounting bracket it say is included would just be a universal one so depending on the location you plan on mounting it then you may need to buy or make another one to suit. hope this helps. one on the left is everything you'll need, bolt in, hook up and away you go.

2RedRigs

Just an FYI about filling the 35's. I have the setup on the left, and I have 285/70 17 and there has been a time or 2 where the temp cut off kicked in (with the hood open) when trying to fill from 16 psi to 33 psi. You might struggle to get 35/12.50 aired back up in one sitting. You might have to find something with a little more umph.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Just an FYI about filling the 35's. I have the setup on the left, and I have 285/70 17 and there has been a time or 2 where the temp cut off kicked in (with the hood open) when trying to fill from 16 psi to 33 psi. You might struggle to get 35/12.50 aired back up in one sitting. You might have to find something with a little more umph.

Interesting. I know several people with 37's and this setup that don't have similar overheating issues.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Interesting. I know several people with 37's and this setup that don't have similar overheating issues.

I have to agree with sharkey that it doesnt sound right. We filled my stock rubi tires and two 33/12.50 MTZs without it shutting down. I will say that this is with the pump mounted under the passenger seat, and in 90 degree weather. The hose was fairly hot when we finished, but it never shut down.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug

so would you recommend getting the Twin or just the single? I am going to be sticking with 35's for a couple year.

2RedRigs

I have the twin and love it fills my 37's very fast.

How fast?

My single takes around 4 minutes per tire from 16 to 33 psi. Standing around air up 4 tires at >16 minutes while letting the engine run doesn't always sit well with me. And before someone jumps all over me for letting the engine run while airing up, The pump really struggles while the engine is off. Just not getting enough power to the pump and you can hear a big difference in the pumps motor.

How fast?

My single takes around 4 minutes per tire from 16 to 33 psi. Standing around air up 4 tires at >16 minutes while letting the engine run doesn't always sit well with me. And before someone jumps all over me for letting the engine run while airing up, The pump really struggles while the engine is off. Just not getting enough power to the pump and you can hear a big difference in the pumps motor.

My 37's fill from 10 psi to 30 psi in under 2 min apiece.

MTG

Caught the Bug

:thinking: I have no trouble with overheating while filling my 37s even when the temperature is 90+ in the desert.

How fast?

I always leave the jeep running when airing mine up.

so would you recommend getting the Twin or just the single? I am going to be sticking with 35's for a couple year.

I think the single works fine, but like anything if you can afford it, the twin would be nice and would fill faster. Of course there is usually always someone in a the group with a portable compressor that is slow so all you really are doing is hurrying up to wait. ;)

I also believe there is a under the hood mount for the twin now, but I'm not sure.

ZuidJK

I have been using just the single for my 37s for the past year and not once has it over heated. I'd say just do the single..I haven't used the twin but single is working very well for me.

Top Bottom