Just rotated swaybar motor for EVO 1/4 pounder, question?

bkac

Caught the Bug
So I just rotated the swaybar motor for the evo front bumper. I noticed when drilling the motor 1/2 inch it makes the rubber hanger angle quite a bit. Has anyone had any issue with this hanger coming off and the motor hitting and damaging the radiator? Just looks like it could happen. Idk...

1410039854391.jpg

1410039887534.jpg

1410039933433.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I925 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
It's dark and tried to get the best picture, but that's how mine is.

Attachments

• 1410059420960.jpg
    1410059420960.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 144

jeeeep

Hooked
So I just rotated the swaybar motor for the evo front bumper. I noticed when drilling the motor 1/2 inch it makes the rubber hanger angle quite a bit. Has anyone had any issue with this hanger coming off and the motor hitting and damaging the radiator? Just looks like it could happen. Idk...

View attachment 99008

View attachment 99009

View attachment 99010

Sent from my SCH-I925 using WAYALIFE mobile app

something doesn't look right - did you use a longer shoulder bolt and I see a shorter bolt sticking out at the bottom, that doesn't look right.

if it's not raining I'll take a look at mine tomorrow - maybe it's the year difference, mine is a 2010

StrizzyChris

Looks good to me. He just moved the old bolt, that held the motor body together, down to the old mounting point. Not necessary and serves no purpose there, but as long as he used a dab of blue lock tight he'll know exactly where it is from now on lol.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Looks good to me. He just moved the old bolt, that held the motor body together, down to the old mounting point. Not necessary and serves no purpose there, but as long as he used a dab of blue lock tight he'll know exactly where it is from now on lol.

That's exactly what i did! That way I'll never loose it and have a spare if needed. Lol
Thanks for the reply, i followed your write up! Great job on that

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

bkac

Caught the Bug
What is the orange plug hanging there? Don't see that on mine

Yes fog lamp plug, i moved it to cut the crossmember.
So i guess nobody has had any problems with the sway bar motor ever hitting the radiator. It just seems really close if it ever moved a little.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yes fog lamp plug, i moved it to cut the crossmember.
So i guess nobody has had any problems with the sway bar motor ever hitting the radiator. It just seems really close if it ever moved a little.

Make sure it clears the transmission line. I used the evo vacuum bracket and it lowers the sway bar.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Make sure it clears the transmission line. I used the evo vacuum bracket and it lowers the sway bar.

That's true. my EVO relocation kit arrives on Tuesday. Good point, it will lower the swaybar a little which should give the swaybar motor more clearance. :thumbup:

JKbrick

Coloradan used that kit and his drag link was hitting his disconnect motor but I hadn't heard anyone else say theirs had. He made a thread but I don't know how to show the link like most people do. I believe he just flipped it up the other way

sean.m.adams33

No problems here. I used the evo vacuum pump kit. I thought this was a relatively easy install. I used strizzychis's write up. Helped a lot.

Top Bottom