ARB Compressor Mounting on a 12+

liljohn850

So, I've acquired the small ARB compressor, my question is: how loud is this little bastard and where do you guys have it mounted? I know that EVO and Synergy have mounts. I had the synergy mount on my last JK (3.8) with the synergy mount and liked it, but think I wanna put this one in the cab if it's not over-bearingly loud.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I mounted mine under the front passenger seat. No need to buy a mont because it fits on the one for the air bag and pressure wires. The last pic is of the switch in my glave box because i haven't figured out how i want to mount it.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1410044711640.jpg
    1410044711640.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 206
  • 1410044729207.jpg
    1410044729207.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 1410044741564.jpg
    1410044741564.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 1410044752393.jpg
    1410044752393.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 206

liljohn850

I mounted mine under the front passenger seat. No need to buy a mont because it fits on the one for the air bag and pressure wires. The last pic is of the switch in my glave box because i haven't figured out how i want to mount it.

How loud is it? I haven't heard an ARB baby compressor in...years. Lol.

liljohn850

And run the switch over next to the lockers and sway bar switches!! It looks stupid clean. A guy here did it with a switch pod.

How'd you mount it to that plate? Drilled holes and wallah? You fight the tight space?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I wouldnt fill my tires while sitting in the jeep... but it isnt ear splitting. I mounted it this way becuase apparently the engine mounts require some modifications in with horn on the 14s. If this compressor is still running when i do air lockers i plan on keeping it in its place. If it fails before then i plan on getting the twin under the hood.

I have the arb twin under the passenger seat and it's not that loud. My wife sits in the Jeep while I'm filling up the tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

liljohn850

I wouldnt fill my tires while sitting in the jeep... but it isnt ear splitting. I mounted it this way becuase apparently the engine mounts require some modifications in with horn on the 14s. If this compressor is still running when i do air lockers i plan on keeping it in its place. If it fails before then i plan on getting the twin under the hood.

How's the comp handle airing up tires?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
How's the comp handle airing up tires?

I only have the stock rubi tires, but it took about a minute and a half to go from 15 - 35. Ive heard its about 3 mins for 35s which is what i plan on running eventually.

liljohn850

I only have the stock rubi tires, but it took about a minute and a half to go from 15 - 35. Ive heard its about 3 mins for 35s which is what i plan on running eventually.

I can handle that

2011jk

Mine is mounted inside the right rear fender behind the tail light..I didn't use much of the wiring kit as its to short anyway and wanted control of the lockers which ARB doesn't really give you.

Rccrwlr

I have the arb twin under the passenger seat and it's not that loud. My wife sits in the Jeep while I'm filling up the tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

You forgot "With a smile"

Actually she fills up the tires...don't lie
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410108475.465045.jpg

--rccrwlr.

sean.m.adams33

Any reason you want to run it in the cab? I had the twin mounted in the rear of my last JK. On the right side. I didn't think it was to loud.

liljohn850

Any reason you want to run it in the cab? I had the twin mounted in the rear of my last JK. On the right side. I didn't think it was to loud.

no real reason for in cab mounting. just looking at options. kinda like the idea of keeping it out of the elements, but there's been no issues of them mounted under the hood either.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Wanting to put one under the hood on our white jeep, but really don't feel like relocating the horn. Trying to figure out what mount will clear it

liljohn850

Wanting to put one under the hood on our white jeep, but really don't feel like relocating the horn. Trying to figure out what mount will clear it

same situation!! there's gotta be another option. once my jeep ACTUALLY gets here I'll get back to ya and see what kind of ghetto fab I can come up with.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
same situation!! there's gotta be another option. once my jeep ACTUALLY gets here I'll get back to ya and see what kind of ghetto fab I can come up with.

Yeah, let me know what you do. Figures jeep would put a horn right in the way. Thanks!

Top Bottom