Places to wheel in the Dallas area?

JKBlackie

I'm from Kansas but go to school in the Dallas area. Anyone know of any good places not too far from the DFW area?

Thanks!

gleno99

I'm from Kansas but go to school in the Dallas area. Anyone know of any good places not too far from the DFW area?

Thanks!

Northwest ohv in Bridgeport is a good place. There is a Barnwell mountain in Gilmer also. Hope this helps.

Rooster jk

i know this is a little too far but sept 26th - 28th the palo duro jeep challenge is going on in amarillo tx. it is an awesome event. here is the link jeepexclusive.net

donovsg

Dallas areas to wheel

Northwest ohv in Bridgeport is a good place. There is a Barnwell mountain in Gilmer also. Hope this helps.

Bridgeport is really close and an easy trip. Gilmer is a little farther, but good camping OR great hotels in Gilmer or Longview. Both great places. Marble falls is only about 3 hours down by Austin and is great as well.

Welcome to TX!

JKBlackie

Thanks for all of the advice and welcomes! I appreciate it! I may have to check out Bridgeport soon!

donovsg

Thanks for all of the advice and welcomes! I appreciate it! I may have to check out Bridgeport soon!

A couple of us to out to Bridgeport every couple of months, I shoot you a note. When you go out there, everyone is really friendly and will give you a hand if you get into any issues. Channel 13 is the office channel. Again, welcome to TX. I forgot Palo Duro is fun in west TX. Davis Mountains has some great trails, as well as some of the parks in NM. All you can make in a long weekend, just take your books to be sure to study.

dwvninety

It's not an OHV park so it's never maintained and you don't have to pay a fee to 4 wheel but if you Google "K-Trail Clayton Oklahoma" you can find a lot of info on it. A few of us are going to do it again on October 11-13th 2014.

Top Bottom