Burner's Build

jk12blk

A few more pics! Just about done! The kit is actually designed by Mike Shaffer (Shaffer's Offroad) and falls under his new line - Exile Suspension Red Label System. I'll be circling back likely in December to have new mount/bypass installed in the front. Triangulated four link rear (trailing arms lower) which does require relocating the gas tank. I'll more photos later which include the early photos of all the brackets, etc. And final photos on the trail. It's definitely different and I cannot wait to get her on the trail this weekend and stretch her legs.

1.jpg Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG Capture4.jpg Capture6.jpg Capture7.jpg Capture8.jpg Capture9.jpg

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
A few more pics! Just about done! The kit is actually designed by Mike Shaffer (Shaffer's Offroad) and falls under his new line - Exile Suspension Red Label System. I'll be circling back likely in December to have new mount/bypass installed in the front. Triangulated four link rear (trailing arms lower) which does require relocating the gas tank. I'll more photos later which include the early photos of all the brackets, etc. And final photos on the trail. It's definitely different and I cannot wait to get her on the trail this weekend and stretch her legs.

View attachment 103348 View attachment 103349 View attachment 103350 View attachment 103351 View attachment 103352 View attachment 103353 View attachment 103354 View attachment 103355 View attachment 103356

Looks like it'll handle some serious trails, nice work!

sean.m.adams33

Rig looks bad ass! One question, with the coilover and bypass set up the way it is in the rear won't you get very little up travel?

thardy

Banned

View attachment 103348 View attachment 103349 View attachment 103350 View attachment 103351 View attachment 103352 View attachment 103353 View attachment 103354 View attachment 103355 View attachment 103356

Excited to see how this turns out! I do have a question though, is it just me or, in the second to last picture, does the driver side coilover look to be bent?

JKsix

Excited to see how this turns out! I do have a question though, is it just me or, in the second to last picture, does the driver side coilover look to be bent?

I think it's just the angle of the photo.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Interesting set up. Interested in some flex photos. I've noticed rock krawler has a new set up just like this. Now do you have a wider rear axle? Just curious if the coil overs make contact with the frame at full stuff on one side and full droop on the other. Looks good.

jk12blk

Rig looks bad ass! One question, with the coilover and bypass set up the way it is in the rear won't you get very little up travel?

It does not limit up travel. the tire hitting the body at full stuff is what sets the up travel limit and it's built around that.

jk12blk

Nothing is bent. track bar moves the axle right to left as the axle moves up and down. so at full droop the axle moves to the driver side and at full stuff the axles moves to the passenger side change the angle of the shocks.

jk12blk

Interesting set up. Interested in some flex photos. I've noticed rock krawler has a new set up just like this. Now do you have a wider rear axle? Just curious if the coil overs make contact with the frame at full stuff on one side and full droop on the other. Looks good.

Definitely will post some photos after I pick it up tomorrow. RK is making a very similar kit - almost to a "T" per RK. In fact, they are going to start their own thread soon related to that particular kit (think it's call Rock Racer or somethign). We used spidertrax wheel spacers and the clearance on the frame (which was french cut) is sufficient to accommodate any deflection. I'll take photos this weekend when we hit the Rubicon (at least that is plan right now).

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug

Supposedly Rock Krawler had a prototype system just like this at the off road expo this week in Pamona? I saw this pic shared on FB. They are "claiming" 15" of travel and are allegedly testing it out for the first time this week. All second hand info so who knows....

Attachments

• i-S6BRF2n.jpg
    i-S6BRF2n.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 217

jk12blk

Supposedly Rock Krawler had a prototype system just like this at the off road expo this week in Pamona? I saw this pic shared on FB. They are "claiming" 15" of travel and are allegedly testing it out for the first time this week. All second hand info so who knows....

Pretty slick looking! I heard they were claiming 16" of travel. I guess we will see when they formally announce their kit.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
That rear end is interesting... you may have mentioned it already but what are the final travel numbers ?

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jk12blk

That rear end is interesting... you may have mentioned it already but what are the final travel numbers ?

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rear is 14" (7" up, 7" down). Overall cumulative articulation is 16". Had to order stiffer springs for rear as pre-load was 5". King sending stiffer springs which arrive tomorrow which should provide 0-2" pre-load.

-sent from mobile

Top Bottom