Wet carpet on drivers side

mikefishes

A few months ago I noticed the driver's footwell was wet under the carpet. I figured it was a leaky heater core and I bypassed that. I thought the problem was solved but now a few months later the carpet is soggy again. What else could be leaking back there? I know the condenser could leak but I have no idea how to tell. It does seem to "drip" outside when the A/C is going, but could that be the cause inside as well?

If so, what do I do?

Thanks in advance!

Very common. Most likely it's rain water or water from washing your jeep leaked in.
I fought water leaks in both of my JK's.
Good luck!

mikefishes

Very common. Most likely it's rain water or water from washing your jeep leaked in.
I fought water leaks in both of my JK's.
Good luck!

I don't think it's rain water. It's been pretty dry for a while and the carpet is very wet. Anyone know if it could be anything else?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was gonna say rain as well but hmmm cant think of what it would be. If it was a heater core wouldn't the coolant be low or lower?

Angry Aussie

Have you washed it? If so then it's probably leaking in from the "cowl" some where near the windshield and hood, not spelled right. I had the same thing happen to me. It hadn't rained in awhile but my jeep smelled funny and there was water under the carpet. The dealership fixed it at no cost to me. It's a huge pain in the ass but if they fix it it will never happen again. I got the dealership to replace all the carpet on the drivers side front and rear. Hope this helps. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410198127.774290.jpg

Here's how mine looked at the dealership while they fixed it. Took them a few days to find it and fix it but worth the hassle.

mikefishes

I was gonna say rain as well but hmmm cant think of what it would be. If it was a heater core wouldn't the coolant be low or lower?

I was pretty sure it WAS coolant before I did the heater-core bypass and I was having overheating issues then, so I think it probably was. I am wondering if this is something different now. the wetness doesn't feel as "slick" as the coolant did and it doesn't smell. Is the A/C condenser in the dash or in the engine compartment?

I am certain it was dry a few weeks ago after I bypassed the core AND installed a new radiator. This has to be something unrelated.....

Am I gonna see you on the 20th at the creek that shall go unspoken?

mikefishes

Back to the top in hope of some advice from the West Coast. In response to the leak from rain or a carwash suggestions, I can only say that it hadn't rained lately and I hadn't washed it either.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
wish i could help Mike. sadly i just dont know. only thing i could think of is rain water or water getting in somehow from washing it.

mikefishes

wish i could help Mike. sadly i just dont know. only thing i could think of is rain water or water getting in somehow from washing it.

No worries brother. It will fade from importance when the next "gremlin" appears. It will be good to catch up with you next weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Jim and some new faces.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
No worries brother. It will fade from importance when the next "gremlin" appears. It will be good to catch up with you next weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Jim and some new faces.

haha very true indeed. yea man its going to be great to see you again! been WAAAYYYYYY to long

hogtyed

I was looking at this thread yesterday & really had nothing to add as I have not experienced any problems with water coming in unless it was self inflicted. I came out this morning & opened the passenger side door to put my Jeep dog Cisco into his seat. Lowcountry style 010.jpg Only to find that the passenger side floor board was filled with water. After investigating further to find the reason for this unexpected find. I realized that the last thing I said to my wife as she was getting out of the door yesterday evening was roll up your window. The window was about a 1/4 inch from being rolled all the way up. Needless to say is; that we had a gully washer lastnight. Mystery solved.

noroad

might be a silly question but have you been wheeling lately?? have you double checked your plugs to make sure that they are in and you ar just not taking on small water??

Top Bottom