A/T or M/T tires?

engineman1031

I'm looking to get 33in general tires but I'm torn between the grabbers and at2's. My question is which would be better? I've read good about both but I need good traction here in VA we get a little of everything. Anyone prefer A/Ts to M/Ts? Or vise versa

Speeddmn

Generally speaking MT's won't have sipping in the lugs. This will help with snow/ice and even in rain. I've heard good things about the the General grabbers for out in the rocks and desert. They are also a much heavier tire then other brands. I would look into the the Duratracks from goodyear, Nitto Tera Grapplers, or the Toyo AT. All three will be great all the weather you get.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I'm looking to get 33in general tires but I'm torn between the grabbers and at2's. My question is which would be better? I've read good about both but I need good traction here in VA we get a little of everything. Anyone prefer A/Ts to M/Ts? Or vise versa

For mostly on road driving a mild trails, I prefer an AT. For any serious off roading, an MT has a lot of benefits over an AT, such as traction, self cleaning capabilities, and (usually) sidewall tread. I have driven on ATs a lot in the desert and they do great. Good traction and low rolling resistance. Where all of them have fallen short is in the mud. All of the ATs I have had have done horrible in the mud. Mud covered rocks, forget it. I'm currently on BFG ATs now, but my next tire will be either the Toyo MT or Nitto TG. Something to consider may be the new 'in between' tires that Toyo and Nitto just released. They may be what you are looking for. I know the Terra Grappler G2 is supposed to be more aggressive as well, and I am currently waiting on info about them before I make my decision on which tire to get next. Just some random thoughts, hope it helps.

Also, you may get more answers if you post this up in the Tires section.

bkac

Caught the Bug
You can't go wrong with a Goodyear duratrac or Nitto trail grappler. They ride great, last long, and can handle what you throw at them. Great all around tires!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

joeyprice

I loved my Duratracs. I didn't have a chance to truly test them, but they killed the wet roads, trails, snow and ice I used them on.
I also hear good things about the Falken Wild Peaks, but you have to be able to get past the fact that they look like autocross tires that ate their Wheaties.

sjd78

I've run Duratracs on my pickup and they are excellent in wet weather. If I was looking to offroad in harsher terrain such as rocks I personally would look at tires with 3 ply sidewall's.

Top Bottom