2015 Mini Jeep?? Trail Rated Too??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know this may not be news to some of you as pics of this have been circulating for a while now but, this recent article suggests that there's a very real possibility of a 'Mini Jeep' in the works for 2015 and one that will be 'Trail Rated' - check it out...

timthumb.php

2001-jeep-willys2-concept-3-625x441.jpg

2001-jeep-willys2-concept-2-625x439.jpg

http://www.caradvice.com.au/185795/2015-mini-jeep-will-trail-rated/

:crazyeyes:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
kinda looks like a FJ.

I'd drive it :D

I bet the front end is what the new Jeep will look like.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
From the factory with a roof rack?!? If there is a snorkel option then we would have an off-the-shelf overlander. :cheesy:

Tim

kinda funny, they put "Willys" on the cargo carrier. Using such an Iconic name, it better be able to go anywhere :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
kinda looks like a FJ.

I'd drive it :D

I bet the front end is what the new Jeep will look like.

i sure hope the new wrangler doesn't have a front end that looks like this. looks too much like the old gen 1 liberty. as for this thing, i could see it being cool and yeah, i'd drive it too but, i think it may only be available for forign markets and will most likley look a bit different when all is said and done.

Looks like a mini cooper on steroids to me.

i think that's what i like about it :yup:

FoxC

wouldnt a retro willy's be cool? Kinda like GM and Dodge with the Camaro and Challenger...?? Keep it small like this, but really close to a willy in shape, maybe take some of the willy's sharp edges and round them a touch, but really close in concept. Add the 3.6 on that light weight design and be prepaired for some fun!:brows:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
wouldnt a retro willy's be cool? Kinda like GM and Dodge with the Camaro and Challenger...?? Keep it small like this, but really close to a willy in shape, maybe take some of the willy's sharp edges and round them a touch, but really close in concept. Add the 3.6 on that light weight design and be prepaired for some fun!:brows:

man, that would be so cool but, with all the safety features requried by law today, i doubt it could ever be done here in the US. :rolleyes2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another shot that we found on allpar and, if I could guess, this envisionment of the Mini Jeep is probably a bit closer to what it'll ultimately look like should it be made...

compass-freedom.jpg

:icon_crazy:

Also, this is what they had to say about it...

A B-segment (subcompact) entry-level Jeep for markets outside North America (the original Jeeps were far smaller and lighter than today’s two-door Wrangler). This would be built on the modified SUSW platform, first used in the Fiat 500L.

FoxC

I dont like all this Chrysler talk: "Fiat chassis" this...and "Fiat platform" that for Jeep models. Allpar article states aerodynamic changes and a possible new transfer case to "appeal to a broader customer base" for upcoming Wranglers...:grayno:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
wayoflife said:
Here's another shot that we found on allpar and, if I could guess, this envisionment of the Mini Jeep is probably a bit closer to what it'll ultimately look like should it be made...

:icon_crazy:

Also, this is what they had to say about it...

What a piece of shit

LoPo

Caught the Bug
It looks like an orgy of an FJ, H3, 2006 Jeep Liberty, and a Mini Countryman.

Wait, isn't this basically a Jeep Compass rehash? Those had Trail Rated badgery too.

StrizzyChris

Agreed looks like an fj h3 hybrid! Let's hope they don't disgrace the trail rated badge with an independent suspension like the fj!

Edit: found this link. Which states the same as above, that it probably will not be sold in north America scroll all the way to the bottom

Last edited:

Shaved Ice

Looks like a chopped FJ to me. I think it would be too much of a model transition in the US. Jeep owners are like Harley owners in that part of the attraction to the brand is the historic styling. Too futuristic and they lose their core customer base.

Top Bottom