C gusset install

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Does the install need to be done by an Off road shop or just a competent welder? Pretty sure I know the answer but it never hurts to ask. Is there a heat risk to the ball joints?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
A skilled welder could handle the task. Just be sure they weld small increments at a time and move from side to side with ample time to let the weld cool. You do risk burning them up if you aren't careful.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Gussets ordered, does the axle need to be removed or the ends disassembled to weld them on, or do you just pull the tires off for elbow room?

bkac

Caught the Bug
Just pull the tires off. May want to use some damp/cool rags to help keep the ball joints cool.

Did mine today just like that. 2-3 hours. Ball joint never even really got hot.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
This is wrong, don't do it like this.

Attachments

• 1411165134101.jpg
    1411165134101.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I know next to nothing about welding ( it burns and don't look directly at it), even I can tell those are not pretty welds and that looks upside down. I realize it looks easy enough to do but Does the Evo kit come with instructions?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
That is some funny shit!

Loading please wait....

What's sad is someone actually paid for this crap. It's supposed to be some custom jeep specialty shop. They had a dead line to meet and didn't want to remove the springs. That was their excuse.

bkac

Caught the Bug
The last I remember this jeep blew up the d30 the first trip out. Trying to run 40's with 5.13 gears.

Great combo for disaster! It did exactly what it should have. :D

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Remlap

A welding shop did mine without removing springs, I don't think any damage was done to the ball joints but speaking of that does jacking the frame up and prying up on the tires really reveal ball joint damage?

Attachments

• Gussets2.jpg
    Gussets2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Gussets1.jpg
    Gussets1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 195
A welding shop did mine without removing springs, I don't think any damage was done to the ball joints but speaking of that does jacking the frame up and prying up on the tires really reveal ball joint damage?

Get the tire 2-3" off the ground.... Yes.

Top Bottom