Just arrived!

JKsix

Just arrived at my new house in Colorado Springs! Excited to check the area out in town and way excited to find some trails! Anyone local who knows some good beginner trails to get me back on the 4x4 horse it would be awesome to meet up and hit some of them.

GARBO

also new

im a new transplant to colorado springs my self and i googled these a while back not shur on the difficulty rating.
some seem to just be roads to old mining towns but still would be a nice day trip to see the country side.

taylor mountain
clear laker
blackhawk
Webster Pass

NAUJK

Check out the traildamage website they have all sorts of trails in CO for ya to look at. But close to C Springs I would say a good trail to check out would be China Wall out past Woodland Park. I personally havent done it but I hear that its a great trail all around, it has something for everyone. It is also open year round so do not have to worry about the snow. Welcome to the Beautiful state of Colorado hope you enjoy its amazingness. :beer:

JKsix

wayoflife said:
how cool is that - welcome to your new home. colorado is a beautiful place :thumb:

Thanks Eddie! Now just have to figure out how to raise some funds for my jeep!

supra_launch21v

Trails

Pick up the Charles Wells book at any bookstore in Colorado. Buy both the North and South version.

Download all of the GPS coordinates on the Well's website, funtreks.com

The GPS coordinates match the markers in the Well's book. It is great, it prevents you from getting spun around out there.

All the trails in the books are marked, green, blue or red (easy to hard)

Traildamage.com is also really good, however, your iphones and ipad don't work out on the trail.

Also when you get on the trails and go by a ranger station ask them for a map, they are free of charge. They are excellent!

Wayne

Top Bottom