Would this work to support a CO2 tank

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I have a #10 CO2 tank with moubting bracket and have been looking for a place or way to mount it with out taking up room inside my JK.

Anyway I found this Rotopax Tire Mount System used to mount their gas/water containers.

It looks like I can just bolt the CO2 mounting bracket to the Rotopax bracket and would have great mounting point.

What do you all think ?

ForumRunner_20140909_012930.png

LeighP

My concern would be a pressurised tank hanging off the back of your vehicle thats the first thing to get hit in a rear end accident.
I know its not flammable, but its still under a lot of pressure.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I thought about that, but the spare tire sits up high enough to avoid impact in regular vehicle accidents. I don't think even a stock pick up would hit the tank. Now if you get rearend by a semi...........

It's probably safer there, than inside on a roll bar or along the rear wheel wells. If the tank would blow inside the JK somebody would definitely get hurt.

Last edited:

sean.m.adams33

I know you said save room in your jeep by why not just mount it to the roll bar?

I am sure you can make the roto mount work though.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I have a 2dr JK and looking for more interior room, camping gear etc. Plus a dog with back seat removed.

On a few rare occasions I have the back seat in and then there's no room all.

But I am looking at all options and idea's/suggestions.

Top Bottom