Reversing a D-Link Flip?

Good morning everyone!

I am in the process of adding another JK to my stable as I stumbled on a deal that really just couldn't be passed up. The rig is an 11' 2-door with >15k miles. The previous owner did lots of nice things, but some will need to be altered or redone to suit my fancy.

For starters it has 4" EVO coils which while they are nice I feel it is FAR too much lift for a 2-door. The problem is they also did a track-bar raise and flipped the d-link so simply lowering it back down becomes more complicated.

The d-link flip is a Synergy one (The ear on the knuckle has been drilled). Luckily, the track-bar bracket has only been bolted on and not welded.

My question is: has anyone ever undone a d-link flip? Do I need to get a new knuckle to do this?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Jay, Question. how high are you looking to keep the 2 door lift wise and what size tires are you thinking? i ask cause maybe you will not need to undo the flip or remove the relocation bracket depending on height.

2013CGJKU

Good morning everyone!

I am in the process of adding another JK to my stable as I stumbled on a deal that really just couldn't be passed up. The rig is an 11' 2-door with >15k miles. The previous owner did lots of nice things, but some will need to be altered or redone to suit my fancy.

For starters it has 4" EVO coils which while they are nice I feel it is FAR too much lift for a 2-door. The problem is they also did a track-bar raise and flipped the d-link so simply lowering it back down becomes more complicated.

The d-link flip is a Synergy one (The ear on the knuckle has been drilled). Luckily, the track-bar bracket has only been bolted on and not welded.

My question is: has anyone ever undone a d-link flip? Do I need to get a new knuckle to do this?

Coz is right about how much you are going to lower the rig.

The flip kit from senergy, I believe, is a drilled out hole with a tapered insert. So, in theory, you should just be able to put the insert in from the bottom and be good to go. Even if you have to order another insert in case you destroy the current one getting it out, it still should be pretty simple.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Jay, Question. how high are you looking to keep the 2 door lift wise and what size tires are you thinking? i ask cause maybe you will not need to undo the flip or remove the relocation bracket depending on height.

Sorry should've added that. It has flat fenders on it and 35s. I don't plan to change the fenders or the tires anytime soon. I would like to get it down 1.5-2"

The purpose of this Jeep it to mostly be a DD for the wife. She misses driving "Dirty" (our silver JKUR) but I really don't want it out everyday, especially in winter.

Coz is right about how much you are going to lower the rig.

The flip kit from senergy, I believe, is a drilled out hole with a tapered insert. So, in theory, you should just be able to put the insert in from the bottom and be good to go. Even if you have to order another insert in case you destroy the current one getting it out, it still should be pretty simple.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if the Synergy D-link could adjust short enough to be in the stock location. It didn't seem to have many threads. (But I have no idea if more are needed until I try.) It also doesn't seem to have the same bend and geometry as the stock bar so I don't know if it will bind at droop.

Perhaps I will call them later today....

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sorry should've added that. It has flat fenders on it and 35s. I don't plan to change the fenders or the tires anytime soon. I would like to get it down 1.5-2"

The purpose of this Jeep it to mostly be a DD for the wife. She misses driving "Dirty" (our silver JKUR) but I really don't want it out everyday, especially in winter.

so your looking at a 2-2.5" kit then. ok i would say then you will deff need to reflip it if you go down to a 2" lift but if you go to a 2.5" lift (depending on the lift) you may want to keep it. i say you may want to keep it because i have had this conversation with Drew at ORE many times for my rig. my 2.5" teraflex springs have me sitting at about 3.25" maybe more. im right in the gray area for needing it and not needing it. i choose not to need it because i dont wanna spend the money on it till i get plush rides. Just something to think about.

as far as flipping it back goes, im sure its possible but im not sure what you need to do. i will leave that for the experts.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Could always just move down to the 3" plush rides, that's what I have with the flip kit and I am happy with the height.

Could always just move down to the 3" plush rides, that's what I have with the flip kit and I am happy with the height.

...and I love the way your rig sits on 37s. Just not sure about 35s which I do not want to go over on a DD. (Also because it has 4:88s in a D30)

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
...and I love the way your rig sits on 37s. Just not sure about 35s which I do not want to go over on a DD. (Also because it has 4:88s in a D30)

I was gonna throw on steves old 35s when they were at my house just out of curiosity to see what it would look like. I feel if you went to the 3" coils and stock fenders it would look perfect and still flex well. Also I feel it makes the tires look a lot bigger that way.

I was gonna throw on steves old 35s when they were at my house just out of curiosity to see what it would look like. I feel if you went to the 3" coils and stock fenders it would look perfect and still flex well. Also I feel it makes the tires look a lot bigger that way.

Going back to the stock fenders is a good idea! I am going to run this past Alana.

gripenfelter

Going back to the stock fenders is a good idea! I am going to run this past Alana.

If you decide you want to go back to the stock fenders, I maybe able to part ways with my black/color matched stock fenders. I just did crushers and will not be using them. You would have to paint them to match.

If you decide you want to go back to the stock fenders, I maybe able to part ways with my black/color matched stock fenders. I just did crushers and will not be using them. You would have to paint them to match.

Wow, thank you for the offer... If we go back to the stockers it will most likely be the unpainted versions.

2013CGJKU

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if the Synergy D-link could adjust short enough to be in the stock location. It didn't seem to have many threads. (But I have no idea if more are needed until I try.) It also doesn't seem to have the same bend and geometry as the stock bar so I don't know if it will bind at droop.

Perhaps I will call them later today....

I have a Synergy drag link in the stock location. Definitely no problems as far as that's concerned.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

good idea jim! that would work really well and prob be less work for you in the end Jay

Top Bottom