2014 Jeep Liberkee KL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, on the Jeep plant tour that we got to take on the JK-Experience, we were shown an empty wing that was being converted for production of the all new 2014 Jeep Liberty, Cherokee in forign markets or, what some like to refer to as 'Liberkee'. The letter designation for this new model Jeep is to be KL and, after doing some looking around, I found a few pics of what it'll most likely look like...

KL-00.png

A few spy shots definitely prove that the lines will be more 'car' like or crossover in design...

KL-01.png

KL-02.png

The 2014 Cherokee / Liberty — or, again, Liberkee — will be made on an extended, lifted version of the basic Dart car platform during calendar-year 2013, after an unusually long factory shutdown and refit, expected to take six to eight months. It might be a “real Jeep,” but most observers believe it will be less off-road capable than the current model, with a single Trail Rated version that matches the current Trail Rated Liberty...

You can read the whole article on allpar.com here:

http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/jeep/2014-cherokee.html

So, what do ya'll think? Ya or Nay :cool:

StrizzyChris

To each their own....but for me its a definite na! I would never own a cross over. Too little of a car and to little of an suv if u wanting both.

StrizzyChris

Much rather have something like this
jeep-wagoneer.jpg

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Looks like a Subaru Impreza or Mazda 3 to me. I'm not sure I can take this seriously as its such a drastic departure from the previous incarnations of the liberty that they couldn't brand it as a liberty.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Read the car and driver report. Their pics actually make it look like a crossover as the suspension is definitely taller than the pics above. They said they are looking to compete against the xterra and 4runner. That's funny because they also state it will be FWD with an AWD option. The xterra and 4runner would run circles against this thing in any condition other than sun day driving to the grocery store.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
That's a big negative for me! Not feeling the crossoverish look of this. Besides the grill nothing really says "Jeep" about it.

JAGS

Hooked
Well, I'm pretty sure that we "wranglerers" are not the target audience for this vehicle. I personally wouldn't like it as other stated several good reasons. But in terms of what's hot right now and what market this would be going after, it's a decent entry into the space. The xterra/4runner rival thing doesn't make sense with the designs here. :thinking: Maybe more against the edge, escape, CX5, CRV et all.

That's my marketing and auto industry take on it. Entry level under Grand Cher in the cross over class..... as really the "SUV" is all but dead.

Wouldn't trade my '12 JKUR for it though!!!

my_jk

:grayno: That design looks like it has nothing to do with the Jeep brand except for the grill and that looks more hummer like to me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just got word that Jeep will be unveiling the new KL on Monday at the North American International Auto Show.

Jersey_Devil

Just got word that Jeep will be unveiling the new KL on Monday at the North American International Auto Show.
Well most of us might not like it too much but watch sales go thru the roof with women being the majority of sales.... My gf, her sister, and both our moms called it "cute"

I think it will do good. I personally don't like it. Looks like an audi or vw crossover......

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well most of us might not like it too much but watch sales go thru the roof with women being the majority of sales.... My gf, her sister, and both our moms called it "cute"

I think it will do good. I personally don't like it. Looks like an audi or vw crossover......

Agreed. The way I see it, Jeep is doing what they need to do to stay viable and profitable. Not like they're getting rid of the Wrangler so having more choices is a good thing :yup:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
As a small 2nd car that can handle a snowy drive to work it's OK, otherwise:yawn37:. Not my cup of tea.:twocents:

Top Bottom