Just Curious

Ant's JK

Just a quick question, do all the manual jk's shift hard? Seems like the tj shifts a lot more smooth.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Just a quick question, do all the manual jk's shift hard? Seems like the tj shifts a lot more smooth.

Define hard? It's a little different clutch feeling then most manuals but I wouldnt say hard if you're used to it and can shift smoothly

Ant's JK

When the jeep is off it shifts through the gears more smooth then when its on.

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

both of our jks shift very smooth, 12 and 14. have you regeared yet or just added bigger tires. Could it be that you ar not used to the new shift points? what makes it a hard shift?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
The only things I've noticed with mine is that I can't shift without the clutch like I could with the dozens of other manual cars and trucks I've owned, not that it's a big deal, and I've also noticed the clutch is a little more sensitive than others I've owned, but I've gotten used to it after 39,000 miles

Ant's JK

I did just regear so that's probably the issue. I just need to get use to the shifting points then

noroad

I did just regear so that's probably the issue. I just need to get use to the shifting points then

I would say that might be the problem, also it doesnt make a huge diff but have you programmed it with a pro cal or super chip! might get the speed closer to help you guess when to shift better!

dannymalkin

The only things I've noticed with mine is that I can't shift without the clutch like I could with the dozens of other manual cars and trucks I've owned, not that it's a big deal, and I've also noticed the clutch is a little more sensitive than others I've owned, but I've gotten used to it after 39,000 miles

I can clutch less shift just fine. Just have to get the right rpms.

Mine only shifts rough going into second. The clutch does feel more sensitive than other manuals I have tried, but I actually like it better.

Top Bottom