Frame Mounted Rocker Knockers

Wizard

Anyone running the Poison Spyder frame mounted sliders, and are you happy with them?

I'm trying to decide which sliders to get and have narrowed down my options to these or the EVO Rock Sliders. I've done plenty of searches and haven't come up with any reviews from those who have them fitted.

If I decided to go with the frame mounted Rocker Knockers they would have to be a special order to get them to Australia, and I don't want to be disappointed with what I get.

Any help or advice with this would be appreciated.

sean.m.adams33

I did not run the rocker knockers but had the brawler knockers and on my new jeep I went evo. I like that the evo sliders are welded to the frame. I don't want to have to add more bolts to check before and after runs. I have seen a lot of people with the PSC frame mounted sliders and they do look like a good product. I would pick the evo ones but I think you would not be disappointed with either one.

Wizard

Thanks Sean. Appreciate the feedback. My original choice was the Brawler Rockers, but the price for them downunder was a little too much.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have yet to see a review on them, but I still think other than evo they are some of the best looking at least. I couldn't be happier with the evo however, plus if you need it for more of a set you can always get the custom angle as well.

Wizard

Absolutely. The PS sliders certainly look good, but the EVO's I'm sure has the edge over them for strength, and to be honest, strength is the priority for something like this.

I was about to pull the trigger on these until I noticed that the frame mount version sits lower than the body mount version. It also seems to be tucked in more which will let you get closer to stuff (like trees and/or rocks). Additionally, they seem to be the same construction other than the mounting which has been known to bend on a big hit.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Absolutely. The PS sliders certainly look good, but the EVO's I'm sure has the edge over them for strength, and to be honest, strength is the priority for something like this.

If that's the priority I would go with the evo then, they are I think one of the few if not the only made from Dom tubing. I have only needed them one time, and honestly I was like a little kid hitting them cuz i never came close before and they only have a minor scrape in them. Deff worth the money.

mattfl

If that's the priority I would go with the evo then, they are I think one of the few if not the only made from Dom tubing. I have only needed them one time, and honestly I was like a little kid hitting them cuz i never came close before and they only have a minor scrape in them. Deff worth the money.

From poison spyders page

The mounting plate is CNC laser cut from 3/16" plate steel and precision brake-formed for a perfect fit. The tubular rocker rail is rugged 1.75" X .120 wall DOM structural tubing. The slider rail is fabricated from CNC-bent 1.5" X .120 wall DOM tubing.

From evo's page

EVO-Armor Rock Slides are manufactured from 3/16-inch laser-cut steel plate and 1.75OD x .120 DOM Tubing

So they appear to be made of the same stuff.

I run the frame mounted rocker knockers and love them. They've taken some hits on rocks and held up just fine.

jeeeep

Hooked
poison spyder has an install video on these that explains some of pro's and cons. also from what I understand, they are for rubicon models and if you have a sport you'll need to get some additional hardware on your own.

Look up the poison spyder tech series - frame mounted jk rocker knockers

edit - (lost internet connection) I've talked to a few guys around here that have them mounted - while they look good and are strong, they don't like how mud gets packed between the knocker and jeep body. we have a nice thick clay gunk that packs horribly - even in the wheels.

Last edited:

Wizard

From poison spyders page

The mounting plate is CNC laser cut from 3/16" plate steel and precision brake-formed for a perfect fit. The tubular rocker rail is rugged 1.75" X .120 wall DOM structural tubing. The slider rail is fabricated from CNC-bent 1.5" X .120 wall DOM tubing.

From evo's page

EVO-Armor Rock Slides are manufactured from 3/16-inch laser-cut steel plate and 1.75OD x .120 DOM Tubing

So they appear to be made of the same stuff.

I run the frame mounted rocker knockers and love them. They've taken some hits on rocks and held up just fine.
Thanks for the feedback, as well as the build information on the two.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
not gonna lie the rocker knockers look strong and its deff a bonus that they are frame mounted. that being said i would still choose EVO over these over the sole fact that EVO has had these out for a very long time and have been tested over and over again. the main test subject, EVO1. plus as an added bonus they are cheaper than the poison spiders

Wizard

poison spyder has an install video on these that explains some of pro's and cons. also from what I understand, they are for rubicon models and if you have a sport you'll need to get some additional hardware on your own.

Look up the poison spyder tech series - frame mounted jk rocker knockers

edit - (lost internet connection) I've talked to a few guys around here that have them mounted - while they look good and are strong, they don't like how mud gets packed between the knocker and jeep body. we have a nice thick clay gunk that packs horribly - even in the wheels.

Thanks mate, I did have a look at the video, and it gave a good look at the mounts.

Last edited:

wells

I run the body mounted Rocker Knockers and have beat the crap outta them. No issues. A con about the EVO for me would be masking the whole jeep to repaint. I currently unbolt and repaint my PS twice a year.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I run the body mounted Rocker Knockers and have beat the crap outta them. No issues. A con about the EVO for me would be masking the whole jeep to repaint. I currently unbolt and repaint my PS twice a year.

I just use a piece of cardboard to touch up my sliders. No need to mask off the jeep.

David1tontj

I just use a piece of cardboard to touch up my sliders. No need to mask off the jeep.

So easy some guys do it in the middle of the rubicon!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

Mask the whole jeep?

Attachments

• 1410412613577.jpg
    1410412613577.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 145

Dean454

sliders

Although I do not own the EVO's I have researched them I have to say they are the best out there. One thing I like about them is obviously they protect the rockers but they allow rock and debris to fall through and not get trapped and rub your paint.

Fitzbsly

Lol, I remember Stizzy painting his sliders on the trail. I have the PSC rocker knockers and LOVE them! They take a lot of abuse and are built solid!!

Top Bottom