warning light help?

jmatta33

anyone know what this warning light means? it has been coming on randomly and will go off randomly or when I shut off and restart. I recently bent my draglink, not sure if the two correlate or if its just coincidental... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410380268.255015.jpg

RLTW!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
im going to say that it corolates with you bending your drag link. did you check to make sure your steering wheel was centered and that your alignment is still in spec?

jeeeep

Hooked
your bent drag link has knocked your steering off center...have you repaired your drag link?
if so, center your steering

HILLZ

Also make sure your wheel sensors are clean from mud or debris, mine came on like that after a weekend of playing in the mud, gave in and around the back of the wheels a good clean and no more light. :)

Bierpower

Hooked
that is a low traction light. I would start with checking all of your speed sensors. for some reason or another it seems your computer thinks one wheel is spinning faster than the others. Normally a big GM problem is the wheel bearing units fail and knock out the speed sensor but that throws an ABS light on the GM's. You really need a code reader or scanner to figure it out. The joys of new gadgets and sensors on everything.

jmatta33

thanks for the feed back. i figured it was probably an alignment issue because the drag link being bent. ill replace it and have it aligned and see if that takes care of the issue.

I forgot to mention, I also get the ABS kicking in under harder braking even though its not anywhere near hard enough to cause skidding. I guess i'll do some googling on wheel speed sensors to find out if one of those may have gone bad as well. just seems like a big coincidence for a sensor to go out right after I bend my drag link.

Anyway, again thanks for the feed back everyone!

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

any recommendations on a drag link replacement? suspension is all stock until next year when i plan to get coilovers. maybe something a little beefier than stock that doesnt require a lift or anything crazy until I fully upgrade everything...?

RLTW!!!

bkac

Caught the Bug
any recommendations on a drag link replacement? suspension is all stock until next year when i plan to get coilovers. maybe something a little beefier than stock that doesnt require a lift or anything crazy until I fully upgrade everything...?

RLTW!!!

I have a brand new factory one. Only 500 miles.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked
thanks for the feed back. i figured it was probably an alignment issue because the drag link being bent. ill replace it and have it aligned and see if that takes care of the issue.

I forgot to mention, I also get the ABS kicking in under harder braking even though its not anywhere near hard enough to cause skidding. I guess i'll do some googling on wheel speed sensors to find out if one of those may have gone bad as well. just seems like a big coincidence for a sensor to go out right after I bend my drag link.

Anyway, again thanks for the feed back everyone!

RLTW!!!

The ABS engaging means 99.9% you have a bad speed sensor. Being as new as it is I wouldn't think the wheel bearing went bad. You can get just new sensors so your not spending the $150 for a bearing unit. A good start would be pulling each sensor out of the bearing assembly and giving them a look over. Also you could check in the sensor hole to see if the toner ring has any irregularities in it. Cheap place to start.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmatta33

The ABS engaging means 99.9% you have a bad speed sensor. Being as new as it is I wouldn't think the wheel bearing went bad. You can get just new sensors so your not spending the $150 for a bearing unit. A good start would be pulling each sensor out of the bearing assembly and giving them a look over. Also you could check in the sensor hole to see if the toner ring has any irregularities in it. Cheap place to start.

yeah ive never messed with any of that stuff so I guess ill be doing some googling this weekend lol!

RLTW!!!

Bierpower

Hooked
It should be the only wire going out to the wheel (usually run with the brake line) and its only held in with one screw. Its probably under the brake rotor so brakes would have to come off but its pretty simple once you get into it.

jmatta33

It should be the only wire going out to the wheel (usually run with the brake line) and its only held in with one screw. Its probably under the brake rotor so brakes would have to come off but its pretty simple once you get into it.

ill check it out this weekend, thanks!

RLTW!!!

Bierpower

Hooked
Last thing, I'm not sure how the new jeeps are run, the rear may be a single sensor in the top of the rear differential housing. And before you pull the wheels off you might wanna fallow the sensor wires up to the connectors and check for corrosion in the plugs. Sorry I'm done now lol

jmedgar

I had my light come on and the abs activate when making a right turn while braking on dry pavement. The steering wheel was barely off but once it was straightened it cleared up the issue.

Top Bottom