Stock stabilzer on PR44 w/ aftermarket links?

Buster3479

My front end is a PR44 10 deg split, Reids, Synergy links everywhere, and Synergy Arms. There is a Synergy HD trackbar bracket welded right to the PR44. The Reids moved the tie rod up 1.5", and the links all have more rotation up and down than stock (higher rotation amounts on Synergy TRE's than stock TRE's). I'm sitting on 3.5" of actual lift and 35's. I'd like to go back to my stock stabilizer for a while I iron out some adjustments to the front end.

I have both the Synergy tie rod clamp and a stock one laying around. The Synergy one requires drilling the stock SS bushing out to 1/2", and I can't for the life of me figure out how you do it without melting the rubber bushing. I put a sharp cobalt bit in my press, set the end of the SS in a press vice, set the speed, applied cutting fluid, and started. The rubber bushing started smoking before I made a dent. I may just end up using the stock clamp, it fits on the Synergy rod just fine.

2nd, and more important, how have you oriented the SS? One end mounted through a drilled hole on the trackbar bracket (probably with a bushing spacer) seems likely on that end, but did you orient the stud for the SS on the tie rod up as in most aftermarket setups, or pointing out from the back of the tie rod like stock? The Synergy tie rod walks in and out from the axle quite a bit from lock to center to lock at the SS mount position.

I had a Fox ATS on here for a while, but it's been binding up lately after a few fun boulders and bad line choices on my part, and I want to go back to stock. I'm not paying for another overpriced trinket.

If I'd have ordered my front end after joining here, I'd have done some things differently. No Reids, no RCV's likely, no Fox ATS, maybe even more stock linkages. Hard for me to undo those decisions to save $ after the fact now.

Thanks for the input in advance.

tapcola

Lot of guys don't even run one .Haven't had mine on for almost 6 months don't even miss it .
Just my 2¢.

Buster3479

I've had it off a few months now. It definitely feels different without one, but still drives great. I'm just trying to take some of the road crown and bump feel out of the equation for the time being while I dial things in.

Top Bottom