Axel back exhaust opinions

NHAkita

I'm looking at a new muffler for my 12 JKU I have the Banks CAI and want to open up the other end. I'm a New England mall crawler for the most part, weekend fire roads and backwoods camping in NH so I don't need to tuck it up so I don't tear it off. I'm looking at the twin tip ( see mall crawler ) dynomax or magnaflow, there is a $300 price difference. Is the stainless magnaflow worth the up charge over the aluminumized ( is that even a word) dynomax? Any one have either? Do they make the 3.6 sound like a Honda with a fartcan piper hanks,
Paul

NHAkita

NHAkita said:
I'm looking at a new muffler for my 12 JKU I have the Banks CAI and want to open up the other end. I'm a New England mall crawler for the most part, weekend fire roads and backwoods camping in NH so I don't need to tuck it up so I don't tear it off. I'm looking at the twin tip ( see mall crawler ) dynomax or magnaflow, there is a $300 price difference. Is the stainless magnaflow worth the up charge over the aluminumized ( is that even a word) dynomax? Any one have either? Do they make the 3.6 sound like a Honda with a fartcan piper hanks, Paul

I love apple... Who the F is piper hanks? Should say pipe.... Thanks!

Tigereye10

I have the Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, its a twin exit exhaust out the back. I do love how it sounds just a tad louder than the tires I run but not too loud to annoy the neighbors haha, I have a short video of how it sounds on my build page :)

Go with P/N 39528
No fart can sound. :) A little louder than stock.
Aluminumized is a word. :)

Our performance and sound guarantee is here.
http://www.dynomax.com/warranty-guarantee/

Good luck!

JK_39528_Sell_zpse83e004e.jpg.html

Comparison ours vs OE.

JK_39528_Sell_zpse83e004e.jpg

I'm looking at a new muffler for my 12 JKU I have the Banks CAI and want to open up the other end. I'm a New England mall crawler for the most part, weekend fire roads and backwoods camping in NH so I don't need to tuck it up so I don't tear it off. I'm looking at the twin tip ( see mall crawler ) dynomax or magnaflow, there is a $300 price difference. Is the stainless magnaflow worth the up charge over the aluminumized ( is that even a word) dynomax? Any one have either? Do they make the 3.6 sound like a Honda with a fartcan piper hanks,
Paul

NHAkita

10frank9 said:
Besides the dual tip "look" what exactly are you looking for in your exhaust?

I was hoping to pick up a little Low end torque. I have the highway geared JKU and don't plan to swap out the gears until it's paid off in a couple years. I'm thinking if I open up both ends a little it would help.

Feathead

I have the Magnaflow Black Series muffler. The dual tips look great and the black finish really looks good too. No rusty silver color visible from behind. Sounds great.
Drawback - it's EXPENSIVE!!!

Top Bottom