Help needed Please

Hi guys, sorry if this subject has already been treated but I read as many pages as I could from this very helpful forum and I still need to request your help.

My JK Rubicon 2 Dr 2008 (RHD) has had the ESP BAS lights in the Dashboard since I bought it in October last year.

I've done a fair bit of work on it since then as you can see on the pictures below but I kept for the last these lights in the Dashboard to clear.

I bought 4 new wheel speed sensors and replaced them but no joy. The lights were still there so I disconnected the battery for about 1/2hr then reconnected and still the same. I read somewhere that once the battery Plus and Minus connectors are off the battery touching the two connectors together would somehow create a reset and clear codes. Not sure if this is true or not but I gave it a go but still same result.

I then took the Jeep to a friend who is also a mecanic and has a ODBII scanner to find out what code I have and not only his machine did not read any code but once it removed it I found out that I also inherited of the dreaded ABS light in the Dash !!

I've read as many pages in this Forum as I could and found out that if my steering wheel was slightly off center this would create the ESP BAS lights and I also found out that the ProCal from AEV could tell me if my steering wheel was or not off center. So I had a go at this today as I bought a procal after regearing in 5.13 and fitting my 37s few months ago.

The Procal did its job perfectly as explained in the AEV notice and my blue headlamp light appeared in the dash, the headlamps and both indicators (on the front of the Jeep not in the dash) switched themselves on and stayed on for a full 45 to 60 secondes then off but the blue light in the Dash remained. So if I am right all this tells me that my steering wheel is perfectly centered so I activated the indicator lever as if I wanted to turn right in order to terminate the sequence and the horn bipped twice, then I unpluged the Procal and turn the ignition key to off.

The reason why I am writing to you now guys is because if I don't clear these lights my Jeep will not pass the next MOT which is the compulsory safety Test to do every year in the UK, (not sure if you have this kind of Test in US and how often).
And the date of my next MOT is coming soon in October so I really need to sort this out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

photo no 3.JPG My new Jeep no 1.jpg Driver side view.jpg

Last edited:

RockyJk

Might be the clock spring i think there was a recall for it on the RHD jeeps (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

jeeeep

Hooked
based on everything you've tried, I would look at the clock spring - it's pretty much what ties everything you've described together.

Thanks for your replies guys. I am going to investigate about this recall for RHD and if this recall is still on do you think I can claim for it even if I bought the Jeep second hand from a small garage and not from a main dealer?

Also being a 2008 the warranty does not work anymore and with all the mods I carried out on the Jeep do you think I can still claim under this recall?

Last edited:

liljohn850

Thanks for your replies guys. I am going to investigate about this recall for RHD and if this recall is still on do you think I can claim for it even if I bought the Jeep second hand from a small garage and not from a main dealer?

Also being a 2008 the warranty does not work anymore and with all the mods I carried out on the Jeep do you think I can still claim under this recall?

If it's a recall it'll be fixed for free by jeep. If it's not a recall it's your problem. My last jk had a tsb and not a recall, I was single digits over the warranty and jeep pretty much said oh well.

Order the clock spring from amazon. It seriously take like 30 minutes. There's wire up galores and YouTube vids to help

I chased an airbag light for MONTHS and finally pulle the trigger on the $200 part. fixed all the issues related.

If it's a recall it'll be fixed for free by jeep. If it's not a recall it's your problem. My last jk had a tsb and not a recall, I was single digits over the warranty and jeep pretty much said oh well.

Order the clock spring from amazon. It seriously take like 30 minutes. There's wire up galores and YouTube vids to help

I chased an airbag light for MONTHS and finally pulle the trigger on the $200 part. fixed all the issues related.

Yes I called the dealer today and the recall is only for RHD of US market !! I didn't know there was a RHD market in US ! But we learn every day !! Lol I've ordered the part from eBay so I will keep you updated on the results.

NV375

Yes I called the dealer today and the recall is only for RHD of US market !! I didn't know there was a RHD market in US ! But we learn every day !! Lol I've ordered the part from eBay so I will keep you updated on the results.

RHD US market I believe is primarily for our rural mail carriers. I know of three sources they use retired mail jeeps (DJ5s), imported used Cherokees from Japan or order a RHD Wrangler. Last time I checked about a 4k option for a JK sport in RHD.

Sent using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Hi guys,

I replaced the clockspring Saturday. The 3 lights ABS, ESP, BAS are still there so I tried disconnecting the battery positive and temporarily connected to the Negative for 1 minute. Then reconnected as it should and restarted the engine and checked but no changes.

I tried clearing DTC with my AEV Procal module and still no changes.

I then used my tablet with Torque Pro App and the small OBDII module and scanned to see if there is any codes stored but it can't find any.

Do you guys know if after replacing a clock spring module it needs to be re-programmed by Jeep ?

Schweetjk

Hi guys,

I replaced the clockspring Saturday. The 3 lights ABS, ESP, BAS are still there so I tried disconnecting the battery positive and temporarily connected to the Negative for 1 minute. Then reconnected as it should and restarted the engine and checked but no changes.

I tried clearing DTC with my AEV Procal module and still no changes.

I then used my tablet with Torque Pro App and the small OBDII module and scanned to see if there is any codes stored but it can't find any.

Do you guys know if after replacing a clock spring module it needs to be re-programmed by Jeep ?

Try turning your steering wheel lock to lock(all the way right and left) to see if the lights clear. Some vehicles need for the steering to normalized after clockspring or battery replaced.

Try turning your steering wheel lock to lock(all the way right and left) to see if the lights clear. Some vehicles need for the steering to normalized after clockspring or battery replaced.

I just tried and took the car on a square at the back of my house and completed a full 360 degrees turn on the right and then on the left hand side and drove back to my house.

The lights are still there I'm afraid but thanks for trying to help.

Took the Jeep to the main dealer to have the clock spring module initialised and they told me they can't clear the fault due to the DTC C2204 still there. I have just ordered a Dynamics Sensor Module from Kerernsville Chrysler Dodge. Waiting for the part to arrive now. In the meantime if any of you guys and girls have replaced that module, could you please tell me if you had to get it initialised by the Jeep Scan Tool as well to clear the faults?

Top Bottom