will 35's fit?

jmatta33

ok I have stock lift and stock wheels, but i have poison spyder crusher flares. I just bought some 315 70 17 off an AEV edition JK. so my question is, will these tires fit on my stock rims without spacers? or will they rub against the control arms in the rear? not worried about hitting fenders since I have plenty of space with the crusher flares. just need to know if i need to get spacers to make them work until I get the wheels i want.

RLTW!!!

StrizzyChris

they will fit while running on the street without issues. You'll want 1.5" spacers for the wheels if running stock rims to clear control arms and the frame. also you will need bump stop extensions to prevent rubbing while on the trail.

jmatta33

they will fit while running on the street without issues. You'll want 1.5" spacers for the wheels if running stock rims to clear control arms and the frame. also you will need bump stop extensions to prevent rubbing while on the trail.

so will they rub control arms without spacers? trying to figure out if i can get them mounted today or if i need to get the spacers first. i wont be doing any trail riding any time soon so thats not an issue.

RLTW!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
so will they rub control arms without spacers? trying to figure out if i can get them mounted today or if i need to get the spacers first. i wont be doing any trail riding any time soon so thats not an issue.

RLTW!!!

at full lock or almost full lock yes they will rub. you will feel it. you can install today but you will not be able to do sharp turns untill you install the spacers.

jmatta33

at full lock or almost full lock yes they will rub. you will feel it. you can install today but you will not be able to do sharp turns untill you install the spacers.

ok, thanks for the info. im trying to track down a set of spacers on craigslist or something. if not ill just order a set online.

RLTW!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You also need to be aware of the fact that your rear sway links will sit dangerously close to the sidewalls of your rear tires.

jmatta33

ok. i think ill just wait till i get some spacers. no need to risk it. thanks again everyone!

RLTW!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ok. i think ill just wait till i get some spacers. no need to risk it. thanks again everyone!

RLTW!!!

Honestly, you are making a wise decision especially being that 315's are typically BIGGER than an advertised 35" tire. In some cases, they can be much closer to a small 37" tire.

jmatta33

Honestly, you are making a wise decision especially being that 315's are typically BIGGER than an advertised 35" tire. In some cases, they can be much closer to a small 37" tire.

yeah i was really just looking for some rubi take offs and stubled across a set of 5 of these for $750. hard to pass on a deal like that. i may end up just getting my wheels now since I bought these lol. my wife is going to kill me...

RLTW!!!

Top Bottom