Storage in the trunk area?

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
What does everybody do for secure storage in the trunk area? When I had the 08 I was looking at the Tuffy toolbox that took up the entire area. Which was fine for me in the 08. Now with the 2014 I kind of want something that still allows access to the cubby in the floor so I've been looking at the Tuffy security deck enclosures. While I like them, they are still a couple hundred bucks and you still have to get boxes or bags to put your tools and such in.

Has anybody found another tool box that fits back there to still allow access to the cubby? Or has anybody cut down a box to fit?

hogtyed

What does everybody do for secure storage in the trunk area? When I had the 08 I was looking at the Tuffy toolbox that took up the entire area. Which was fine for me in the 08. Now with the 2014 I kind of want something that still allows access to the cubby in the floor so I've been looking at the Tuffy security deck enclosures. While I like them, they are still a couple hundred bucks and you still have to get boxes or bags to put your tools and such in.

Has anybody found another tool box that fits back there to still allow access to the cubby? Or has anybody cut down a box to fit?

This helps some... Jack Remount 006.jpg just my :twocents:

bking_1

Have you seen the one from ARB? It is a roller drawer style and fits perfectly. I am stalking it but needing to save up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not sure if this is even close to what your talking about. I wanted an area that I could leave all my trail gear, still get to it when I was loaded on long hauls and yet be a secure area when I have the top off. I just finished this ( structural part) and I am working on the top. It will be locket, yet accessible when the rear seats are folded down and from the tailgate. I first relocated my sub to under the front passenger seat. It will have tie down points to secure what will reside on the top too. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410670952.468509.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410670976.551346.jpg

Rivalicon

That's a good idea :thumb:

Does this setup have tie downs to secure items on it?

Ya. But I replaced them with some more sturdy ones. The ones that came with the Aries were bent with the first load. But over all it's a great set up for me. I work in construction and when I ride with everything off, I don't have to worry about my laptop or blue print flying away or getting stolen.

DA RUNT

Ya. But I replaced them with some more sturdy ones. The ones that came with the Aries were bent with the first load. But over all it's a great set up for me. I work in construction and when I ride with everything off, I don't have to worry about my laptop or blue print flying away or getting stolen.

Thanks, going to have to take a closer look at this one.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
This helps some... View attachment 100063 just my :twocents:

I'm looking at getting the EVO trail table so that deal won't work for me. Good idea though.

Have you seen the one from ARB? It is a roller drawer style and fits perfectly. I am stalking it but needing to save up a bit.

I like the ARB one but it doesn't look to allow access to the cubby in the floor. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

noroad

here is mine cost about 30 bucks.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396396494.373321.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396396494.373321.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 201
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396396481.625795.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396396481.625795.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 200
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396396513.966379.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396396513.966379.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 196

Ah2014jk

Great for a four door but does anyone have any ideas for the two door

Sent from this little chumjigger here in my hand.

I built a custom moulded one that takes up about the same space as my rear seat did flipped up. I also used part of it hide a woofer and amp. I'll find some pictures from my cell once it's charged

Ah2014jk

Great for a four door but does anyone have any ideas for the two door

Sent from this little chumjigger here in my hand.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410836662.378583.jpg

While building it. The seats are all the way forward. The angle
Makes it looks like the takes up all the back but it doesn't take up much more than when the seat was flipped forward

noroad

Does this just sit on the spare or do you have supports under there?

- Jason

Sits on the spare for now till i have a new bumper. The tire is strapped to the car and the bolt in the middle holds the table to the rim of the spare. Supper snug.when the tire comes out i will be adding two legs to the seat side as the table sits snug by the roll cage.

noroad

Sits on the spare for now till i have a new bumper. The tire is strapped to the car and the bolt in the middle holds the table to the rim of the spare. Supper snug.when the tire comes out i will be adding two legs to the seat side as the table sits snug by the roll cage.

Also its about an inch thick so very strong.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Been looking at just standard truck style toolboxes but the smallest I have found is still an inch too wide to fit between the wheel wells. A buddy of mine can weld aluminum so I may buy one and cut it down enough to fit. He done that on the tool box in his truck to get a bigger tool box to fit and really you wouldn't ever know unless you actually looked or if he told you. Problem is he works on the road so I'd have to catch him at home and he usually isn't home for very long and I hate to make him work instead of spending time with his wife. He did offer though, lol.

jeeeep

Hooked
Been looking at just standard truck style toolboxes but the smallest I have found is still an inch too wide to fit between the wheel wells. A buddy of mine can weld aluminum so I may buy one and cut it down enough to fit. He done that on the tool box in his truck to get a bigger tool box to fit and really you wouldn't ever know unless you actually looked or if he told you. Problem is he works on the road so I'd have to catch him at home and he usually isn't home for very long and I hate to make him work instead of spending time with his wife. He did offer though, lol.

beer for him and a salon or something she enjoys for her...I did that when a buddy helped me with a bunch of prepping and painting during his time off from work, he told me later his wife asked when I would need to have him help me again :thumb:

Top Bottom