Dome light cover rattle

hogtyed

Does anyone else have this problem in their 2012 JK? The speakers in the overhead makes the dome light cover rattle due to base. The rattle stops if you put your hand and over it or if you take the cover off. Is there an easy fix or do I have to take drastic measures?
:thinking:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Mine did it the day I left the lot in my '12. The dealer put a piece of foam under it to put pressure on it but it didn't work. I took it into my own hands and split a piece of vacuum hose, pushed it over the edge of the dome light hole in the sound bar. I can get pics tomorrow if you need them.

hogtyed

Mine did it the day I left the lot in my '12. The dealer put a piece of foam under it to put pressure on it but it didn't work. I took it into my own hands and split a piece of vacuum hose, pushed it over the edge of the dome light hole in the sound bar. I can get pics tomorrow if you need them.

Yes if you can send or post pic's. :photo: I did try the foam thing but it didn't work for me either. I have to do something before it drives me crazy. :icon_crazy:

hogtyed

Yes thanks, if you can post some pic's. :photo: I did try the foam thing but it didn't work for me either. I have to do something before it drives me crazy. :icon_crazy:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Yes thanks, if you can post some pic's. :photo: I did try the foam thing but it didn't work for me either. I have to do something before it drives me crazy. :icon_crazy:

I found that the lens isn't rattling, it's actually the housing that the bulbs go into which bolts to the sound bar.... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410705026.670614.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410705037.267892.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410705047.939388.jpg

Hope this helps

Top Bottom