Axle seals AB/AC

Ok .. We know jeep changed axle shafts in 2013.
I recently replaced my seals with 5014852AB seen in pic 1

One seal went in a little cocked. Worried I ordered 2 new seals. The seals I received, same part number but ending in AC. These are a 2 piece seal and show 2013+ But some have said they will work 07-12. Also mention of AC replacing AB ?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410654317.759325.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410654329.206651.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410654336.638630.jpg

Any info on these dam things ?

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I had a shop do my seals and they used the new "double seal" style because when they installed the old style they still leaked (housing was bent but they said it wasn't, long story). I think this new seal design is chrysler's answer for the weak front axle tubes. This seal seems like it would still seal if the housing was bent.

txjeeplover

When Mopar revises or updates a part, the general rule is that the last letter of the part number changes to the next letter in the alphabet. This allows the parts department, mechanic, and consumer to know that the most current version of a part is being installed.

I had a shop do my seals and they used the new "double seal" style because when they installed the old style they still leaked (housing was bent but they said it wasn't, long story). I think this new seal design is chrysler's answer for the weak front axle tubes. This seal seems like it would still seal if the housing was bent.

I hope mine don't leak.

Somebody explained how the inner seal locks onto the axle and spins within the outer.
Now we have to hope the seals line up if pulling the shafts. That and it seems like another wear area.

txjeeplover

So by your theory an AG is superior to an AE?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well it's not a theory of mine, it's a long-held general practice by Mopar. For example, I need a new wiper linkage, and the older part number ends in AB, but the new part number ends in AC.

Mopar Parts Overstock - Wiper Linkage

The JK clockspring is also a great example of this general practice.

Mopar Parts Overstock - Clockspring

Based on my experience, I make sure that I get the part that ends with the most recent letter anytime I purchase a new Mopar part.

jeeeep

Hooked
Well it's not a theory of mine, it's a long-held general practice by Mopar. For example, I need a new wiper linkage, and the older part number ends in AB, but the new part number ends in AC.

Mopar Parts Overstock - Wiper Linkage

The JK clockspring is also a great example of this general practice.

Mopar Parts Overstock - Clockspring

Based on my experience, I make sure that I get the part that ends with the most recent letter anytime I purchase a new Mopar part.

great site! I need a TIPM and didn't want to pay the $800 dealer price --- just over $200 from this place... :beer:

Top Bottom