Need Some Help Picking Lift

MYJK!

Good morning, after attending the Great American Jeep Rally yesterday and getting the chance to talk to Clayton Offroad and Rock Krawler I am more confused now than ever. So I am looking for some guidance in my decision as to what type of lift I should get and also some suggestions as to brands that I need to look at.

My Jeep is a 2014 JKUR that is currently sitting on 35's(315/70R17) and a Teraflex Leveling kit. I have added axle sleeves to the front axle along with C gussets to help handle the extra weight of the 35's. MY JK is my Daily Driver and will be for some time and I drive about 400 miles a week back and forth to work. I do run trails with a local club here in New England about once or twice a month.

I'm looking to keep or increase the stock ride quality while making my JK a more capable offroader. I have a budget of up to 5k to lift and swap out the front drive shaft and I am looking at a min of 3.5" of lift. I would appreciate any feed back as my head is swimming with ideas and I need to fish some of them out!!

Thanks, T.J.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
5k budget, maybe evo bolt on coil overs, evo front lower control arms and front shaft should fit that budget. That's what I'd go with personally.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I would suggest going with the EVO Mfg. Enforcer kit which comes with front LCA's. I would pair them with the King shocks and get yourself the front and rear 1350 driveshaft (I recommend JE Reel) and get the EVO Mfg. Drag Link flip kit. All this will put you close to or just under your desired budget. The ride will be smooth and plush and you can wheel to your hearts desire.

Hope this helps.

DA RUNT

I would suggest going with the EVO Mfg. Enforcer kit which comes with front LCA's. I would pair them with the King shocks and get yourself the front and rear 1350 driveshaft (I recommend JE Reel) and get the EVO Mfg. Drag Link flip kit. All this will put you close to or just under your desired budget. The ride will be smooth and plush and you can wheel to your hearts desire.

Hope this helps.

That's a good setup, he'll need rear adjustable uppers also with a rear driveshaft.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My Jeep is a 2014 JKUR that is currently sitting on 35's(315/70R17) and a Teraflex Leveling kit. I have added axle sleeves to the front axle along with C gussets to help handle the extra weight of the 35's. MY JK is my Daily Driver and will be for some time and I drive about 400 miles a week back and forth to work. I do run trails with a local club here in New England about once or twice a month.

I'm looking to keep or increase the stock ride quality while making my JK a more capable offroader. I have a budget of up to 5k to lift and swap out the front drive shaft and I am looking at a min of 3.5" of lift. I would appreciate any feed back as my head is swimming with ideas and I need to fish some of them out!!

Honestly, if you're planning on keeping your 315's, I would NOT recommend that you install a 3.5" lift as that would put you on the tall side especially being that so many 3.5" kits yield way more than 3.5" of lift. I personally would recommend that you stick with a 2.5" coil lift or a true 3" kit like what EVO makes and others have recommended. This is a great size for your tires and can be done with a minimal amount of modifications.

MYJK!

I will move to 37's eventuality. So having the room to do so would be key.

I do think coilovers are overkill for what I need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I will move to 37's eventuality. So having the room to do so would be key.

I do think coilovers are overkill for what I need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Then the enforcer is well under budget and may be a better choice. Good luck in your decision

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm running the Clayton 3.5 full lift and 315's. with the stock fenders, I think it looks good without being too tall.

I was going to go with flat fenders but after really looking at it, I decided there would be too much space so I still have the stock fenders until I get the 37's then will do something with the fenders.

I like the lift, solid handling, corners great and has handled all the trails I've been on so far. I ordered the springs anticipating heavier bumpers etc so and so far only have replaced the front bumper - everyone that's driven it tells me it feels better than stock but I think my shocks (Bilstein 5100) may be worn out as the ride seems a bit stiffer except under load then it feels good. I reason the shocks may be shot because it does feel better under load meaning the springs are doing all the work IDK.

I have driven Jeeps with the EVO plush ride springs and really like the ride of those springs. I'm still on the fence about swapping springs until I decide on and swap shocks.

I've looked at coilovers but I do a lot of freeway driving and don't know how they would handle. Don't know anyone with them to swap Jeeps with and they don't rent them modified lol

I would go with the EVO plush ride springs for sure as well as either Rockkrawler or EVO control arms. Get a new 1350 driveshaft and some good shocks. I just installed some Rancho MT 7000s on my JK and I LOVE the ride. Rancho is having Shocktober fest right now where you can get buy 3 get 1 free so you can save some coin on them. I would also recommend new brake lines, bump stops, and track bars if you don't already have them. I installed EVO endlinks as well. They are adjustable in case you ever decide to go with a larger lift. Overall, I think EVO and Rockkrawler make the best suspension systems and really wouldn't run anything else. I'll be super happy when all of my Teraflex parts are finally gone.

noroad

I would go with the EVO plush ride springs for sure as well as either Rockkrawler or EVO control arms. Get a new 1350 driveshaft and some good shocks. I just installed some Rancho MT 7000s on my JK and I LOVE the ride. Rancho is having Shocktober fest right now where you can get buy 3 get 1 free so you can save some coin on them. I would also recommend new brake lines, bump stops, and track bars if you don't already have them. I installed EVO endlinks as well. They are adjustable in case you ever decide to go with a larger lift. Overall, I think EVO and Rockkrawler make the best suspension systems and really wouldn't run anything else. I'll be super happy when all of my Teraflex parts are finally gone.

I will agree and disagree with somethings here but this is pretty good for the most part! Evo coils are from what i hear the nicest ride coils out there at this moment. a 3in coil from them would get the job done very well, the idea of the rancho deal is also a very good one. where i will have to disagree is the rockkrawler control arms, they are very long even when at the smallest lenght. I would say some evo or curry control arms are your best option, front lowers and rear uppers would be fine. I also will disagree with needing 1350s, they are nice and strong and a good pick but if money is a issue then 1310s with solid joints will be just fine with 35s and 37s nothing bigger! I would look at a deal from adams drive shafts as they have some good stuff or coastal drive shafts!

Top Bottom