It's a perceived fact that wayoflife pimps EVO and shuns any alternatives!

gripenfelter

No one but you cares

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Look.....I'm generally interested when someone makes a statement regarding equipment failures that people spend thousands of their hard earned dollars on. Information is king when it comes to making those decisions. What isn't valuable is bashing a product in a industry that supports our hobby and communities. So much of the jeep community reminds me of the Apple/Android fan boys arguing over which phone is better and blindly supporting a product. What these fanboys don't realize is they do more damage to the company they support than they help.

Same in the jeeping community....this mentality hurts the product more than it helps because it creates a view of that product. Those companies should be proactive in shutting this down, instead of allowing to happen. They should support one another for the whole of the industry. Allowing this mentality to exist about their products is costing them customers and money. I know it will cost some of those companies my thousands in business. Supporting the companies in this industry will only bring us better products and competition breeds better benefits to us all.

So when I ask, it's because I want facts, not jokes or blind sided loyalty. I want to make a informed decision. I want to look past one bad weld on a product when thousands are just fine. I want to evaluate the product, the company, and their relationship in the community. Also evaluate how they handle their reputation and their relationships in the community.

To do this it would require maturity in the community...adults look at things with facts.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Look.....I'm generally interested when someone makes a statement regarding equipment failures that people spend thousands of their hard earned dollars on. Information is king when it comes to making those decisions. What isn't valuable is bashing a product in a industry that supports our hobby and communities. So much of the jeep community reminds me of the Apple/Android fan boys arguing over which phone is better and blindly supporting a product. What these fanboys don't realize is they do more damage to the company they support than they help.

Same in the jeeping community....this mentality hurts the product more than it helps because it creates a view of that product. Those companies should be proactive in shutting this down, instead of allowing to happen. They should support one another for the whole of the industry. Allowing this mentality to exist about their products is costing them customers and money. I know it will cost some of those companies my thousands in business. Supporting the companies in this industry will only bring us better products and competition breeds better benefits to us all.

So when I ask, it's because I want facts, not jokes or blind sided loyalty. I want to make a informed decision. I want to look past one bad weld on a product when thousands are just fine. I want to evaluate the product, the company, and their relationship in the community. Also evaluate how they handle their reputation and their relationships in the community.

To do this it would require maturity in the community...adults look at things with facts.

:grouphug:

I want to run shit that works as advertised. When I spend my hard earned money on something, I do so because I expect it to work and to last. It's only an upgrade if it increases the likelihood of me and my family making it through the trail in one piece...and making it home from the trail on time.

You asked to see "the carnage". Eddie never said there was carnage. He was clearly making a statement about the inability of the "game changer" to keep up in a high speed run. Pretty sure everyone else who has read this thread understood the point, except you. I'm also pretty sure no one was surprised, except maybe you and the marketing crew from Metal Choke, to hear that the six pack of pink flying unicorns doesn't hold a candle to the throw down.

gripenfelter

:grouphug:

I want to run shit that works as advertised. When I spend my hard earned money on something, I do so because I expect it to work and to last. It's only an upgrade if it increases the likelihood of me and my family making it through the trail in one piece...and making it home from the trail on time.

You asked to see "the carnage". Eddie never said there was carnage. He was clearly making a statement about the inability of the "game changer" to keep up in a high speed run. Pretty sure everyone else who has read this thread understood the point, except you. I'm also pretty sure no one was surprised, except maybe you and the marketing crew from Metal Choke, to hear that the six pack of pink flying unicorns doesn't hold a candle to the throw down.

I understood what was said....I just wanted more information and perhaps a look at the damage the metalcloak cause to the other components. So you decide to make a personal poke at me and the company because I asked to understand more about what happened. He made a statement about a product that could not perform, I asked to see it. I'm going to assume you took issue with the point I made about supporting companies that support the community and how that support sometimes can damage their image.

I too expect the things I purchase to work and last and facts show this, opinions don't. I'm not questioning anyone's experience here...again, I just asked to see the results from the statement made.

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I understood what was said....I just wanted more information and perhaps a look at the damage the metalcloak cause to the other components. So you decide to make a personal poke at me and the company because I asked to understand more about what happened. He made a statement about a product that could not perform, I asked to see it. I'm going to assume you took issue with the point I made about supporting companies that support the community and how supports can damage their image.

I too expect the things I purchase to work and last and facts show this, opinions don't. I'm not questioning anyone's experience here...again, I just asked to see the results from the statement made.

What personal poke was made? Re read the post and I don't see it.

gripenfelter

What personal poke was made? Re read the post and I don't see it.

You can read between the lines....he was insinuating that I was a metal cloak supporter and surprised to hear that the product didn't perform. I have no loyalty to any product, again I just wanted to see what happened.

Every product fails or has an issue....and if you didn't buy products due to a failure to perform, then you would never buy a jeep. Knowing the conditions, the failure, and the affects helps everyone. Calling Metal cloak, metal choke, helps no one including the industry that supports the community.

olram30

You can read between the lines....he was insinuating that I was a metal cloak supporter and surprised to hear that the product didn't perform. I have no loyalty to any product, again I just wanted to see what happened.

Every product fails or has an issue....and if you didn't buy products due to a failure to perform, then you would never buy a jeep. Knowing the conditions, the failure, and the affects helps everyone. Calling Metal cloak, metal choke, helps no one including the industry that supports the community.

You sound sensitive to anybody having an opinion or actually seeing metaljoke not perform up to their advertisements. People are more than welcome to have opinions, and sometimes they aren't the same as yours. Life goes on.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I don't profess to know much. However, I know this with absolute certainty: I have never, nor will I ever, try to personally poke you.

As for the DTD. Have you ever actually seen one in action at speed or tried to keep up with one? If you have, you would know that just about any other lift out there is going to rattle the Jeep apart trying to keep up. There is a reason why it became "illegal" in the lower class at the KOH run. It's that good. When I hear some yahoo claim his six pack could keep up, I laugh. I don't need to see the video for proof of what happened.

gripenfelter

I don't profess to know much. However, I know this with absolute certainty: I have never, nor will I ever, try to personally poke you.

As for the DTD. Have you ever actually seen one in action at speed or tried to keep up with one? If you have, you would know that just about any other lift out there is going to rattle the Jeep apart trying to keep up. There is a reason why it became "illegal" in the lower class at the KOH run. It's that good. When I here some yahoo claim his six pack could keep up, I laugh. I don't need to see the video for proof of what happened.

I appreciate that, and perhaps I misunderstood the intention.

I understand there are circumstances that some equipment are made to handle and some are not. You can't compare the DTD and the gamechanger. They are two completely different levels, apples and oranges. Anyone who would think that the gamechanger would keep up with a well designed coilover system is fooling themselves. I wasn't asking for proof that the gamechanger failed in comparsion to the DTD. I was asking for the result of the high speed run on the gamechanger.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Look.....I'm generally interested when someone makes a statement regarding equipment failures...

:cheesy: Funny how you just happened to become generally interested in what you assumed was statement regarding equipment failure on a MC lift and about 10 pages in on a thread concerning AEV coils being swapped out for EVO ones. :crazyeyes:

...that people spend thousands of their hard earned dollars on.

Don't get me wrong but most people spend thousands of their hard earned dollars on great marketing, not necessarily great product. And, what I can assure you of is that most will never say anything bad about what they chose to buy. Of course, doing so would require admitting they may have made a mistake. For my purposes, I can only share what I have seen - you can take it or leave it.

Information is king when it comes to making those decisions.

Please, information is only as good as it's source and your trust in it. Me, I'm a nobody with a website and you can take the information I have to offer for what it is. :yup:

What isn't valuable is bashing a product in a industry that supports our hobby and communities.

You'll forgive me but, just because you don't like what you hear doesn't mean that anyone is "bashing" anything. Also, as far as "supporting our hobby and communities" go, exactly how do they do that? :thinking: :naw:

So much of the jeep community reminds me of the Apple/Android fan boys arguing over which phone is better and blindly supporting a product. What these fanboys don't realize is they do more damage to the company they support than they help. Same in the jeeping community....this mentality hurts the product more than it helps because it creates a view of that product.

And really, what do you care about what view a product has or how it's hurt by people simply sharing their opinion about it? Do you have stock in the company or something? :naw:

Those companies should be proactive in shutting this down, instead of allowing to happen. They should support one another for the whole of the industry. Allowing this mentality to exist about their products is costing them customers and money. I know it will cost some of those companies my thousands in business. Supporting the companies in this industry will only bring us better products and competition breeds better benefits to us all.

WTF?? Really? You'll forgive me but supporting companies that MAKE great products breeds competition that ultimately provides all of us with better products. This kun-by-ya mentality of companies supporting other companies for the whole of the industry is a recipe for stagnation and complacency.

So save your preaching and do just that! Nobody I know will stand in your way. :naw:

Wrong. There is nothing stopping YOU from doing this. What requires maturity is you understanding that people have opinions that may differ from yours.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You asked to see "the carnage". Eddie never said there was carnage. He was clearly making a statement about the inability of the "game changer" to keep up in a high speed run.

Thank you for being able to see what I said for what it was.

I understood what was said....I just wanted more information and perhaps a look at the damage the metalcloak cause to the other components.

Like I said, the driver had his ass handed to him - as in, he was bucked around like a bronco rider at a rodeo. That was my main point and in my original statement, never once suggested that anything broke. That something did was almost irrelevant to me.

Every product fails or has an issue....

Correction, every product CAN fail or have an issue. Not all do or, not as of yet.

Knowing the conditions, the failure, and the affects helps everyone.

Big whoops and high speed will kick your ass unless you really have the gear to handle it. What more needs to be said.

Calling Metal cloak, metal choke, helps no one including the industry that supports the community.

MetalJoke. There, I've said it again. If me saying that helps people not buy their product, then I just helped those people. As far as MetalJoke is concerned, they work in the industry to make money like all the companies in the industry do. How exactly they "support the community" goes is beyond me. Companies come and companies go and if they make a substandard product or can't deliver what they advertise, they should go.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As for the DTD. Have you ever actually seen one in action at speed or tried to keep up with one? If you have, you would know that just about any other lift out there is going to rattle the Jeep apart trying to keep up. There is a reason why it became "illegal" in the lower class at the KOH run. It's that good. When I hear some yahoo claim his six pack could keep up, I laugh. I don't need to see the video for proof of what happened.

This is true. The DTD was deemed to be "too fast" for the KOH Everymans Challenge and so a rig with one on has to compete in the Ultra4 class with all the buggies.

I understand there are circumstances that some equipment are made to handle and some are not. You can't compare the DTD and the gamechanger. They are two completely different levels, apples and oranges. Anyone who would think that the gamechanger would keep up with a well designed coilover system is fooling themselves.

You're right, they really are an apples to oranges comparison but I still see guys try to compare the gamechangers to coil overs all the time. :crazyeyes:

I wasn't asking for proof that the gamechanger failed in comparsion to the DTD. I was asking for the result of the high speed run on the gamechanger.

And like I said, the driver had his ass handed to him. His coils and gaychanger shocks couldn't keep up with the hard hits and his Jeep looked almost out of control.

gripenfelter

:cheesy: Funny how you just happened to become generally interested in what you assumed was statement regarding equipment failure on a MC lift and about 10 pages in on a thread concerning AEV coils being swapped out for EVO ones. :crazyeyes:

You brought up the MC system in the thread regarding AEV coils.

Please, information is only as good as it's source and your trust in it. Me, I'm a nobody with a website and you can take the information I have to offer for what it is. :yup:

You said you had seen it, typically when there is a failure or something that lead to a failure, you post it. I point towards the PS bumper thread. I just asked to see it.

You'll forgive me but, just because you don't like what you hear doesn't mean that anyone is "bashing" anything. Also, as far as "supporting our hobby and communities" go, exactly how do they do that? :thinking: :naw:

When you call them metal joke, that is bashing. They are involved in the community, you can't say they are not.

And really, what do you care about what view a product has or how it's hurt by people simply sharing their opinion about it? Do you have stock in the company or something? :naw:

I think it makes the community as a whole look bad. Name calling like children serves no purpose. Sharing facts, data, and results speak for itself, opinions are like.... I have no interest in MC, only that I will be dropping $10k underneath my jeep shortly. MC is a consideration, pending on what I decide to do with my jeep. So is the EVO bolt-on, and EVO 3.5 Long-arm w/plush rides. Again, pending on what I decide to do with my jeep. Looking at the cause and effect of each system helps me make that decision.

WTF?? Really? You'll forgive me but supporting companies that MAKE great products breeds competition that ultimately provides all of us with better products. This kun-by-ya mentality of companies supporting other companies for the whole of the industry is a recipe for stagnation and complacency.

I didn't say sharing of data, manufacturing processes, and technologies... I was referring to supporting the community as a whole by engaging in professional discussions, not speaking ill of one another, and not allowing supporters close to the company engage in talking ill of their competition. This shows professionalism, maturity, and speaks volumes about the company I may drop $10k with. By allowing that immaturity can cost that business a ton of money and business. Direct or indirect representatives of those companies can cause a lot of damage. No matter how good of a product that company has, I will refuse to do business with them if its represented in a unprofessional manner. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Wrong. There is nothing stopping YOU from doing this. What requires maturity is you understanding that people have opinions that may differ from yours.

Maturity is having informed opinions based on fact and data, talking through that opinion with fact and data. Opinions based on a popularity contest, shows lack of maturity. That kind of thing belongs in high school where it should have left at.

olram30

Ok, I once bought a metaljoke product. Highly disappointed and felt ripped off. now is my opinion relevant?
Edit, I've also didn't my hard earned money on synergy and been disappointed, skyjacker also disappointed with. I can go on..

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You brought up the MC system in the thread regarding AEV coils.

Look again at post #87 champ :naw:

You said you had seen it, typically when there is a failure or something that lead to a failure, you post it. I point towards the PS bumper thread. I just asked to see it.

Funny, what I said was, and I quote, "I recently had the pleasure of watching a guy with their kit, complete with their 6-pack shocks try to keep on some big whoops... it didn't end well" Remind me again where I had made any mention of a "failure"? Just because you want to read into things so that you can get your toes stepped on doesn't mean that's what I said. :naw:

When you call them metal joke, that is bashing.

Oh please, grow a set of balls already. As I had said, the "MetalJoke" term was something I recently heard and yeah, I think it's funny. You want to call that "bashing", fine, I'm bashing them. But know this, names don't mean squat if there's nothing to support it.

They are involved in the community, you can't say they are not.

You'll forgive me but I will say what ever I damn well please and NO, they are NOT a "part" of my community. They are a just business selling product to it. There is a difference.

I think it makes the community as a whole look bad. Name calling like children serves no purpose.

Not that anyone cares what you think but, you are free to think that.

Sharing facts, data, and results speak for itself, opinions are like....

Like I said, information on the internet is only as good as its source and your trust in it. I have no reason to make anything up and couldn't care less if you like or agree with anything I have to say. I can only share what I have seen and you can take it or leave it. :yup:

I have no interest in MC, only that I will be dropping $10k underneath my jeep shortly. MC is a consideration, pending on what I decide to do with my jeep.

Wait... you have no interest in MetalJoke but, it is a consideration pending on what you decide to do with your Jeep?? :thinking:

So is the EVO bolt-on, and EVO 3.5 Long-arm w/plush rides. Again, pending on what I decide to do with my jeep. Looking at the cause and effect of each system helps me make that decision.

Unless you plan on doing some wheeling outside of TX, this is probably more than you will need. But, rather than just reading on the internet about different kits, why not find some guys in your area that have these kits and test them out for yourself. If I haven't already installed and tested the myriad of kits out there today on my own Jeep, that's what I do.

I didn't say sharing of data, manufacturing processes, and technologies... I was referring to supporting the community as a whole by engaging in professional discussions, not speaking ill of one another, and not allowing supporters close to the company engage in talking ill of their competition.

Oh please, go take your self-righteousness back to your church. :naw:

This shows professionalism, maturity, and speaks volumes about the company I may drop $10k with. By allowing that immaturity can cost that business a ton of money and business. Direct or indirect representatives of those companies can cause a lot of damage. No matter how good of a product that company has, I will refuse to do business with them if its represented in a unprofessional manner. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

And isn't it a beautiful thing that you live in America where you can choose to spend your money how ever you damn well please!! :thumb:

Maturity is having informed opinions based on fact and data, talking through that opinion with fact and data. Opinions based on a popularity contest, shows lack of maturity. That kind of thing belongs in high school where it should have left at.

And that's your opinion.

olram30

Also, since AEV was the original topic, I don't care for their coils or drop brackets. I do like their procal, tire carrier and Jack base. I can have an opinion an any company.
But mc has disappointed me by ripping me off, so I can have any opinion I want. Don't like it? Too bad..
I have never been asked to promote any certain brand or company by anyone. I only recommend products I would spend my hard earned money on.

Top Bottom