Asking the same questions again ( but with a twist ? )

Ah2014jk

Ok so I am in the process of planning out the next stage of the build. My plan is to get the suspension done next and all dialled in. Please keep in mind that this started as a stock sport 2 door so it still has the stock dana 30/44 with no lockers but those will have to wait ( cash ) and I'll I plan to do is gear them to 4.88

The want is obvious... Evo DTD front and rear with long arm. ( also keep in mind that will cost about $12,000 with the great canadian tax.... Just for parts )

So the time is now spent looking at cost cutting measures.

Leaning towards either:

1- metal cloak mid arms ( duroflex joints and both upper and lower front and rear ) this would be the least expensive both in parts and labour
2- full traction bolt on 3/4" long arm upgrade ( still about $450 less than the ORE long arms by the time I get them to me and pay the tax )

I daily drive this vehicle and sees highway use. I am looking for an end result that can handle the high speed runs over washouts and whoop di doos without looking back ( and beat all others ) and still be able to do rock crawling with the best. ( some pretty wicked trails about 3 hours from me )

I could just buy a game changer kit as that would save about 7 grand... More if I include labour for the install on the lever and that would get me a new fully built front axle and redo the rear with lockers....

Hope Eddie chimes in here as well as anyone who actually has this on a 2 door
( want there a guy on the JKX this year with a full metal cloak game changer? How'd it do?)

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I'm going to be honest, this just smells fishy. I could be wrong. But second post and already asking about metaljoke.
But if you're serious, tell me more about tire size, flat fenders and other things you have planned

I'm going to be honest, this just smells fishy. I could be wrong. But second post and already asking about metaljoke.
But if you're serious, tell me more about tire size, flat fenders and other things you have planned

This here, it all depends on what your goals are with the build. Do you want to stay conservative or go balls to the wall with it. Give just a bit more info on what you want.

JAGS

Hooked
Ok so I am in the process of planning out the next stage of the build. My plan is to get the suspension done next and all dialled in. Please keep in mind that this started as a stock sport 2 door so it still has the stock dana 30/44 with no lockers but those will have to wait ( cash ) and I'll I plan to do is gear them to 4.88

The want is obvious... Evo DTD front and rear with long arm. ( also keep in mind that will cost about $12,000 with the great canadian tax.... Just for parts )

Leaning towards either:

1- metal cloak mid arms ( duroflex joints and both upper and lower front and rear ) this would be the least expensive both in parts and labour
2- full traction bolt on 3/4" long arm upgrade ( still about $450 less than the ORE long arms by the time I get them to me and pay the tax )

I daily drive this vehicle and sees highway use. I am looking for an end result that can handle the high speed runs over washouts and whoop di doos without looking back ( and beat all others ) and still be able to do rock crawling with the best. ( some pretty wicked trails about 3 hours from me )

I could just buy a game changer kit as that would save about 7 grand... More if I include labour for the install on the lever and that would get me a new fully built front axle and redo the rear with lockers....

( want there a guy on the JKX this year with a full metal cloak game changer? How'd it do?)

I'm not sure what it is you're asking. You went from DTD to the next paragraph being MetalCloak and full traction. ???😳😳

Kind of like saying, my end goal is a Ferrari, but what do you think about the Kia soul.

- Jason

noroad

Leaning towards either:

Ok kinda all over the place here lol. but One save for a locker and do it at the sametime as the regear(the back that is) this will save you big money in the long prob close to the price of a locker its self! what size tire do you plan to run? wash board roads and high speeds dont really work great with coils. may want to be looking into the coilover world if you are in to that!

thardy

Banned

Leaning towards either:

If you're looking for something cheaper than DTD, with offroad performance and daily driver capabilities, why not go with Evo Enforcer?

Sent from the Wayalife mobile app

Tigrcky

Leaning towards either:

So waste money on suspensions that you don't want instead of saving up for what you do want??? That's so smart...Ditch the Dana 30 it will turn into a smilie face when you start driving wicked fast through dips and bumps...

Sent from my whatchamacallit

noroad

So waste money on suspensions that you don't want instead of saving up for what you do want??? That's so smart...Ditch the Dana 30 it will turn into a smilie face when you start driving wicked fast through dips and bumps...

again he just joined and has a 2014 this could be his first jeep! I think everyone is a little on edge but he could be looking for help! lets find out what his plans are before we start acting like the other forums!

again he just joined and has a 2014 this could be his first jeep! I think everyone is a little on edge but he could be looking for help! lets find out what his plans are before we start acting like the other forums!

True, just tired of everyone trying to bash on us.

Tigrcky

You have a good point, However my question/ point still stands, why spend money on a lift that you are going to get rid of?

noroad

You have a good point, However my question/ point still stands, why spend money on a lift that you are going to get rid of?

it could also be read as his dream but he is going to look at something more in his price range! I dream of the DTD as well. im just saying untill something shows of bad agenda then new people cant always be treated as other forum members. (IF he is i will personaly apolgize to you)

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
I just posted that to.

Trust me I am to and it makes people un easy, but lets be the bigger person and untill something happenes lets give him the benefit of the doudt here!

Ill agree here. We need to rise above the trolls so we don't wrongfully give them fuel to any possible argument they might try to launch. We shouldn't have to sink to their levels to prove our points. They usually end proving that their :asshat: on their own.

- Jason

Tigrcky

it could also be read as his dream but he is going to look at something more in his price range! I dream of the DTD as well. im just saying untill something shows of bad agenda then new people cant always be treated as other forum members. (IF he is i will personaly apolgize to you)

Apologies are not needed in any regard you have a valid point. Guess I'm just overly paranoid.

Top Bottom