Stuck rear door latches.

BCjku

So, my drivers side door latch is completely "frozen" and the passenger side is not too far behind. The push button is stuck pressed in. I started to pull the interior panel, but ran out of daylight and had not yet figured out how to get the window lever disconnected. (manual window) 2012 jku. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jeeeep

Hooked
So, my drivers side door latch is completely "frozen" and the passenger side is not too far behind. The push button is stuck pressed in. I started to pull the interior panel, but ran out of daylight and had not yet figured out how to get the window lever disconnected. (manual window) 2012 jku. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have power windows but my 2010 did that as the TIPM was failing (power locks), anyway same thing with the rear locks. Windows still rolled down so I rolled the windows down and pushed on the exterior at the same time as I pushed on the interior. took a little bit of jiggling (lack of better word) but it finally came free.

Now the power locks don't work at all but I can manually lock/unlock and open the doors - power windows still work

Hope it helps.

2013CGJKU

There is a clip that holds the crank handle onto the post that comes through the door, it's in between the handle and the door panel. It's kind of had to explain but the clip slides down around the handle in a couple of slots and then into a channel on the post.

Basically, use a pick (they also make a job specific tool, but they aren't any easier to use and usually scratch your door panel) to pull that clip out of there and the crank will come right off.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

BCjku

There is a clip that holds the crank handle onto the post that comes through the door, it's in between the handle and the door panel. It's kind of had to explain but the clip slides down around the handle in a couple of slots and then into a channel on the post.

Basically, use a pick (they also make a job specific tool, but they aren't any easier to use and usually scratch your door panel) to pull that clip out of there and the crank will come right off.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Thanks, this is helpful. Are you saying the clip is on the outside of the door panel? Not inside the panel??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeeeep

Hooked
The clip is just under the door handle where it sits on the post before you get to the door panel (outside of the panel)

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
You can use a rag to get that clip off the door handle. Really easy
Found a video. It works on most cars. Not a 100% sure on Chrysler. It should.

Window handle release clip: http://youtu.be/jqv8A2jakOg

Last edited:

BCjku

Thanks for the help!

I was able to get the handle off, the outer cover, the inner cover, both widows, all the liner, some foam tape to get to the second little bolt to undo the handle so I could pull the handle and clean the rust off the little push pin so that the door latch would work again…. I guess I should have taken video.. At least the 9 year old thought it was cool… Thanks for the tips though, they really did help….

BC

Top Bottom