Skydiver Felix Baumgartner aims to break sound barrier

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've been following this for a while now and have to say that I'm getting nervous for this guy. It would really be amazing if he can pull it off and I'm eager to see him do it.

72094a7facefc21b1c0f6a7067007493.jpg

His blood could boil. His lungs could overinflate. The vessels in his brain could burst. His eyes could hemorrhage.

And, yes, he could break his neck while jumping from a mind-boggling altitude of 23 miles.

But the risk of a gruesome death has never stopped "Fearless Felix" Baumgartner in all his years of skydiving and skyscraper leaping, and it's not about to now...

Read the whole article here:

http://news.yahoo.com/skydiver-aims-break-sound-barrier-free-fall-184340527.html

He'll be making his jump next monday and if he fly 690 MPH, he'll be the first skydiver to go supersonic and, 65 years after Chuck Yeager did so in an X-1 rocket plane!

WATCH IT LIVE HERE

MTG

Caught the Bug
Great feats come not without great risk!

This ought to be fun to tune in to...

"He will be rigged with cameras that will provide a live broadcast of the jump via the Internet, meaning countless viewers could end up witnessing a horrific accident." :icon_crazy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There are just so many ways for this to go wrong but, I'm gonna be optimistic and hope for a successful jump and can only hope the live feed doesn't get bogged down like the Mars rover landing.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Just read the article. Wow. So many variables. So many unknowns. I really do hope this turns out well and he doesn't get hurt or worse doing this stunt. Will definitely tune in though.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Sounds like he has a lot of time on his hands haha and doesnt care for his life but there are hopes out for him. I wish him luck! :thumb:

Chairokey

So did this ever happen? I thought it was supposed to be yesterday but I didn't see anything. Maybe I'm wrong

Chairokey

wayoflife said:
it's been frustrating for sure and i'm sure more so for him.

Can you imagine building up that confidence and then being told you can't jump today?? You'd have to go fight a bear or something to expel all that energy lol

Top Bottom