Another dumb question

pvanweelden

Nothing much yet, but i'll probably keep it under the 3500 lbs capacity :beer:
tow-chair.jpg
don't want to go too overboard....
imagesZN7UGYM6.jpg

:D

bman198

I know the max is 2000lbs I believe. I used to pull my Dads boat sometimes which was probably 3000 give or take. Never took it far though. Definitely not a towing machine.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I know the max is 2000lbs I believe. I used to pull my Dads boat sometimes which was probably 3000 give or take. Never took it far though. Definitely not a towing machine.

If you have the tow package it is 3500. Without it is 2000. These numbers are for an unlimited, i could find anything on a two door with a quick google search. I towed a mid size uhaul trailer from FL to VA and if i remember it was around 2900 with all of our stuff. This was with an 09 manual, with the tow package.... it sucked. Lol

Loading please wait....

bman198

If you have the tow package it is 3500. Without it is 2000. These numbers are for an unlimited, i could find anything on a two door with a quick google search. I towed a mid size uhaul trailer from FL to VA and if i remember it was around 2900 with all of our stuff. This was with an 09 manual, with the tow package.... it sucked. Lol

Loading please wait....

Yeah I do have the tow package thanks MR. Ty. Regardless I think the thing to remember is that to begin with jeeps are by no means fuel efficient. Adding extra weight for it to pull is surely not going to help the cause. Best of luck.

kaptkrappy

4100 #

Towing Boat.jpg

The steering was so light, it felt like I had hydraulic boost. :thumb:

Only went a few hundred feet at the marina.

Grubbicon

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410806266.751271.jpg back when i had 35s it used my jeep instead of the truck to go to a race. Really bad idea. It was miserable took 3hrs running 80 and everytime a hill came it would drops to 65. It was only pulling less than 1000lbs. I have the tow package too.

evilmurph123

Pulled a bus. So only about 40,000 lbs over factory rating. Does that win for heaviest? I wouldn't recommend it on a regular basis. Or in anything but snow. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410968894.322372.jpg

xrocknrollx

I tow a 3000lb boat during the summer. As long as you don't plan on going over 65 it does fine, it's only 20 miles each way with one hill that takes me down to 50.

My favorite part is the 11 mpg while towing. My old exploder used to get 16 mpg at 80 with the same boat.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
just a couple months ago i towed a 6x12 uhaul trailer with 2 room inside from SLC Utah to Santa Monica California (not sure the actual weight). But it did alright, except for the hills and having to pass trucks. don't want to do that again.
IMG_2251.JPG

Rebel JK

Towed this 12'er up to 8000' elev just outside Mammoth in the Sierra's. Probably around 2500 lbs I'm guessing. Balancing the load in the trailer was key for tongue weight, and gave me a great excuse for picking up the traildash. The traildash killed it in a good way with tow mode plus I could watch the tranny temp.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411089022.788265.jpg

Top Bottom