JEEP TJ cb antenna mount

richms96

Anyone here have a cb radio mount? I'm a firefighter so I would like to install a scanner, and I'd also like to have my cb in the jeep. This DOES require to antennas which is fine. but how would anyone recommend mounting them, preferably on the back by the tail lights. Thanks.

MistyCherie

It kind of depends. Do you want to mount it to the tail light bracket? Do you have stock tire carrier, after market tire carrier, or an extender for spare mount?

I bought a "TJ" specific one that supposedly mounts to the hinge on the tailgate but it did not fit. So... I ended up just attaching it to my spare tire mount (extended version for larger tires) in one of the bolt holes on the top with an oval shaped stainless metal plate with a hole on both sides. Ground off some of the powdercoating to get a good ground, bolted it on with heavy duty spring, then ran the cable through the tailgate and under carpet up to the front, etc. I have K40 antenna and cobra 29LX CB. I can take a good close-up picture tomorrow to show you if you like. Attaching a pic just to show you where mine ended up, don't have a good external view shot on my computer.

IMG_0420.jpg

Mtrjoc

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411677226.691883.jpg
Firestik MKM2 molded sidemount with a 4' Firefly on my 2006 TJ. SWR adjusted easily. The only downside was drilling 2 holes in the body.

Top Bottom