Locker questions

08GumbyJKU

Going to do 5.13s on my 08 JKU. Decided instead of being a mall crawler might as well add lockers while the diffs are open. My question is I don't want e-lockers or air lockers because of cost sense. So what are you guys running that wanted lockers but like me don't want to drop the cash on air/e-lockers? Going to do Yukon front and rear with master install kits. So i'd really appreciate some insight on what locker to go with thats not breaking the bank.

Serg5000

I think you should first ask yourself what exactly you will be doing with your jeep. If your not going to off-road in tough terrain, do you really need a locker? Give us more info so we can properly answer your question.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Going to do 5.13s on my 08 JKU. Decided instead of being a mall crawler might as well add lockers while the diffs are open. My question is I don't want e-lockers or air lockers because of cost sense. So what are you guys running that wanted lockers but like me don't want to drop the cash on air/e-lockers? Going to do Yukon front and rear with master install kits. So i'd really appreciate some insight on what locker to go with thats not breaking the bank.

Do you still have a D30 front? If so, the normal recommendation is so weld some guesets on the c s and call it a day. Its also recommended that you stick to 488s for gear size. When i had an 09 sport i looked into throwing a lunch box locker in the rear, most because of the "its there when you need it" factor that i read about. I suggest an arb reat locker only becuase youll have gain oba at the same time. Hope thia helps.

Loading please wait....

08GumbyJKU

Use the jeep for mild off roading, but have already ran into issues when an open carrier just makes me spin. Was just curious about throwing a posi in for the instances when a locker is needed but a full blown e/air-locker is overkill. I don't plan on doing and crazy crawling.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Just looked at your profile and see that you have 37s. I do suggest that you do not put a locker in the front and save for a front axle upgrade.

Loading please wait....

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So go ahead and do the 5.13s, rear locker and go on the search for a rubi front axle.

Sounds like a plan if you like my recommendations. Just keep in mind that the Rubicon front 44 only has a bigger pumpkin. The tubes and c s are the same as the 30.

Loading please wait....

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So you suggest sone trusses and what not?

No. The possibility of over heating and bending the housing during welding is more likely than bending it on the trail. Same with sleeves. The risk is fairly low for us east coasters becuase we dont have access to a desert to bomb through. Where many bent housings happen.

Loading please wait....

noroad

I have a yukon zip locker it has a 3000$ warranty for the first couple years and then the locker itself i got the lift time warranty for a couple more bucks cant beat that!

Top Bottom