VIDEO : Jeep BU Renegade First Off Road Test Drive

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While this supposed first off road test drive video is mostly a nice drive along a dirt road, there is one small water crossing at about 1:20 minutes in. Check it out:

:cool:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Wow...... That 3 wheeling down the incline is a marketing point? I'm not convinced.

Sounded like a diesel. Are they making diesel Renegades?

bnatt78

Okay , I watched the video and was wondering what are they planning to market it for? Besides being a diesel and impressive handling of what they consider trails. I am wondering how it would make it on more real life trails that most people think of taking it on when they see the badge saying trail rated?

Sent from my SM-N900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! I know there are going to be plenty of haters out there but I do like it way more than the compass and way more than the new Cherokee. I won't lie, I really want to like this new Jeep and am seriously thinking about getting one. Hell, even a bone stock JK will hang tires and look silly on the trail without a little help. I guess I really need to see one of these things in person before I can know for sure.

StrizzyChris

LOL!! I know there are going to be plenty of haters out there but I do like it way more than the compass and way more than the new Cherokee. I won't lie, I really want to like this new Jeep and am seriously thinking about getting one. Hell, even a bone stock JK will hang tires and look silly on the trail without a little help. I guess I really need to see one of these things in person before I can know for sure.

I really wanted to like it as well since we are looking for a decent 4WD vehicle for Kim's first snow driving experience this winter :eek: I think my biggest problem is it's "trail rated", and it's terrible attempt at looking badass on this video while scraping the front bumper and hangin 3.

It doesn't look easy to modify, like a JK with its huge fender wells, to improve it's performance....and I'm not sure that's what anyone in this tiny 4wd car/suv market is after anyway. The fender well that extends into the door would only allow you to go back into the rear of the tub. I would say that this vehicles biggest competitors is a Honda pilot or CRV and I would probably choose on of those 4wd suv's for a family vehicle with a track record of running 250K+ miles with excellent engines and little maintenance. I agree however that I'd like to see it in person, but not looking too promising to me thus far!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

I'm with you, I hope it comes out before the snow flys..

bkac

Caught the Bug
Hey look my Grand does the same thing. I can't seem to locate the SB disconnect button. :confused:

1410975364668.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I think if I was in the market for an all around road vehicle I'd have to take a serious look. It's the right size for me, has good economy and seems like it has a little off road ability. I remember going to a car show a couple of years ago and saw Jeep's indoor off road experience. All the Cherokees did a three wheel on one obstacle and the JK's did not. Check the box for the JK. I hope it's a success for Jeep, but there's lots of competition for it in the U.S. marketplace.:yup:

JeepDrum

Just buy one, hang a power plant on the bumper, and call it a day :p

Top Bottom