chevy V8 driveline swap

Tainted_JK

Can anyone give me some driection on swapping a chevy V8 driveline in to my 2000 TJ..? I'd lik to use everythin I can from chevy driveline & ecu.. o realize it not gonna b easy, jus don't know wher to look...

Tainted_JK

Got a chevy suburban w a 350. Was wonderin if I could swap motor trans transfer n ecu n put in my tj.. I jus don't no wher ta get info.. how to do cradle, crossmember, bla bla bla.. lol m sure ther is an easy way. I jus don't know wat it is or wher ta look...

Got a chevy suburban w a 350. Was wonderin if I could swap motor trans transfer n ecu n put in my tj.. I jus don't no wher ta get info.. how to do cradle, crossmember, bla bla bla.. lol m sure ther is an easy way. I jus don't know wat it is or wher ta look...

Are there any words here that have all their letters? I don't remember school being that easy.

Brankzie has a new username???

Tigrcky

Ok first things first... Spelling learn it... The most painless way to do it would be with a t.b.i setup with a stand alone ecm, if you want automatic go with the 700r4 a non computer model it has a low first gear and a good overdrive. You can get a atlas transfercase or find an np241c from a 3/4-1 ton with the small block in it it will retain the 2.72:1 ratio low range and is still Manuel shift but has a different pattern. Far as cross members go this is where you need to know how to cut and weld, you will need to make mounts for the engine and at where the transmission and transfercase meet up. You will need to adapt a bigger radiator and resize your shafts, also don't plan on a rear locker with that 35 you WILL blow it up with a decent 350

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Tainted_JK

So spelling... jus sound it out.. lol ok suburban has t.b.I. its a '99.. So chevy motor mounts, jus weld them to cradle? Cut & section chevy crossmember..? I'm thinking its gonna be easier to just swap motors & get tranny adapter. . Lol As far as stand alone ecm.. will I need to get it programed or do they come plug & play.. thanks for the help so far..

Tigrcky

So spelling... jus sound it out.. lol ok suburban has t.b.I. its a '99.. So chevy motor mounts, jus weld them to cradle? Cut & section chevy crossmember..? I'm thinking its gonna be easier to just swap motors & get tranny adapter. . Lol As far as stand alone ecm.. will I need to get it programed or do they come plug & play.. thanks for the help so far..

first off tbi ended in 94... 99 is vortec and you need a specially flashed ecu or else it wont work. what trans do you have? a 99 vortec 350 does put out some good power and will make that weak trans go dead pretty quickly. most motor mounts are bolt in however there is relocating them to the right spot and then welding the cradle to the frame, and i need to stress how important it is to make sure the engine is centered and properly spaced and at the right angles. what is your mechanical background?

Tigrcky

Fyi jeep has 3.73 front n rear w/ 5 speed, its the sahara

You have the 4.0 with a good manual why not just stroke that engine and put bigger injectors on it and make it put out what that 99 350 does... Hell of a lot less work...

sean112280

You have the 4.0 with a good manual why not just stroke that engine and put bigger injectors on it and make it put out what that 99 350 does... Hell of a lot less work...

Stroke it like the good engine it is:cheesy: just kidding:D

Lobo6

Go to Advance Adapters and Novak's websites. They both have a great deal of information available. Both companies have tech lines and will answer your questions. I have just started my build and hope to be posting pic's soon. I purchased items from both companies and both delivered them quickly.

Top Bottom