Currie 4" Lift for a 2 Door

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
What size tires are you going to run? 4" is a lot for a 2 door. 2500 plus the cost of shocks Is a little high. That's if I'm looking correctly, shocks aren't included.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've installed and tested out this kit minus the sway bar. You can see the write-up I did for it here:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...ck-jock-suspension-lift-installation-write-up

For the most part, it's a great kit and the control arms are about as good as they get. What I wasn't thrilled about were the coils as they are progressive. They provide plenty of droop but don't stuff as well as I would prefer. Also, I wasn't too happy with the ride they offered but, ride comfort is 100% subjective. As far as the Anti-Rock goes, I would pass on this as the factory swaybar will offer much better stability and won't squeak like a banshee. Plus you save a lot of money by not getting it. Last but not least, if you're willing to weld, I would pass on their relocation brackets and dropped pitman arm and opt for something like an EVO drag link flip/track bar relocation bracket. It's a much better solution to steering geometry correction.

NM2012CherryJK

What size tires are you going to run? 4" is a lot for a 2 door. 2500 plus the cost of shocks Is a little high. That's if I'm looking correctly, shocks aren't included.

I have 35's now I was looking at getting there control arms and I was not happy with springs I have now. so I was kinda looking at a whole kit to replace the one I have now. The person that had the Jeep before me installed a lift that I'm not happy with.

NM2012CherryJK

I've installed and tested out this kit minus the sway bar. You can see the write-up I did for it here:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...ck-jock-suspension-lift-installation-write-up

For the most part, it's a great kit and the control arms are about as good as they get. What I wasn't thrilled about were the coils as they are progressive. They provide plenty of droop but don't stuff as well as I would prefer. Also, I wasn't too happy with the ride they offered but, ride comfort is 100% subjective. As far as the Anti-Rock goes, I would pass on this as the factory swaybar will offer much better stability and won't squeak like a banshee. Plus you save a lot of money by not getting it. Last but not least, if you're willing to weld, I would pass on their relocation brackets and dropped pitman arm and opt for something like an EVO drag link flip/track bar relocation bracket. It's a much better solution to steering geometry correction.

Cool Thanks for the write up! I was really looking at there control arms and wanted to see what people thought of there whole kit.

jeeeep

Hooked
I don't have any experience with this lift but I do have experience with dropped pitman arms. Some fit good others not so well and all caused issues over time.

I've had dropped pitman arms on 2 of my previous Jeeps and a Grand Cherokee, with the larger tires all of them had premature steering box wear which I believe were due to the pitman arms.

NM2012CherryJK

I don't have any experience with this lift but I do have experience with dropped pitman arms. Some fit good others not so well and all caused issues over time.

I've had dropped pitman arms on 2 of my previous Jeeps and a Grand Cherokee, with the larger tires all of them had premature steering box wear which I believe were due to the pitman arms.

Cool thanks! That's what I have on now and tha's what I have been reading. My plan is to take it off and do a drag flip.

Currie is top notch. But I agree .. 4" is a ton of lift on a 2 door.
You'll need both driveshafts and might have to give up caster for pinion angle running the stock axle up front.
Mixed opinions on drop pitman arms. IMO, and like said ... Flipping the drag link is a better option.

NM2012CherryJK

Currie is top notch. But I agree .. 4" is a ton of lift on a 2 door.
You'll need both driveshafts and might have to give up caster for pinion angle running the stock axle up front.
Mixed opinions on drop pitman arms. IMO, and like said ... Flipping the drag link is a better option.

Drive shafts are on my short list. I'm running a 3 inch lift now. The reason I want to go 4 is Im looking at moving up to 37's and I want to keep my stock fenders (there body matched). I have heard bad and good as well.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Oh I gotcha. You want to keep the full fenders. I always seem to think everybody runs flat fenders. Good luck in your decision making.

jeeeep

Hooked
Drive shafts are on my short list. I'm running a 3 inch lift now. The reason I want to go 4 is Im looking at moving up to 37's and I want to keep my stock fenders (there body matched). I have heard bad and good as well.

you can get flat fenders and get them painted to match as well... IMO lower center of gravity is always best.

Top Bottom