Jeep pulls to the drivers side

barno92

I have a 3" lift with an adjustable track bar and adjustable lower front control arms. The thing pulls to the left even after I just got it aligned. Is there any way to fix this by adjusting the driverside control arm? Maybe lengthening it?

SaddleTramp

Something to try is swapping your front tires, driver side to passenger side and see if the left pull is still there. May not be related to the alignment but rather a "radial pull" from a tire. Mine did this and went away after switching fronts one side to the other.

jeeeep

Hooked
is the pull as you're driving? if so, try what SaddleTramp suggested.

If the pull is when you brake, you may have a sticking brake caliper

JK1

measure everything do you have adjustable control arms? are they adjustable on the jeep? i had mine aligned once and the bolt on the evo control arm was loose and it turned itself in.. i measured control arms first make sure they are excactly the same... measure toe in and out.. if you have an adjustable trackbar check that your axle is centered.. if you have adjustable rear controlarms check those too.. that should eliminate 99% of your pulling issues. Love mechanics but some have no idea how to align a jeep when everything adjusts i have found that i can do a self alignment just as good lol.:beer::beer: http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/basic-do-it-yourself-jeep-jk-wrangler-front-end-alignment

barno92

measure everything do you have adjustable control arms? are they adjustable on the jeep? i had mine aligned once and the bolt on the evo control arm was loose and it turned itself in.. i measured control arms first make sure they are excactly the same... measure toe in and out.. if you have an adjustable trackbar check that your axle is centered.. if you have adjustable rear controlarms check those too.. that should eliminate 99% of your pulling issues. Love mechanics but some have no idea how to align a jeep when everything adjusts i have found that i can do a self alignment just as good lol.:beer::beer: http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/basic-do-it-yourself-jeep-jk-wrangler-front-end-alignment

Yes sirr. All has been addressed! Track bar, control arms and alignment are on point as of now. Still pulling. Crazy man. That's why I'm here asking for help.

jeeeep

Hooked
when you put the rubicon SS on did you adjust it or loosen the SS mounts when you did the install?

might check sure the SS is not pushing more than it needs to, loosen the SS tie rod mount, turn the wheels all the way to the right (may get a helper here) while the wheel it turned full right, compress the SS until about 1/4" or just a little more sticks out - you don't want it compressing all the way in. tighten the SS mount on the tie rod (make sure it's not rotated up) and then turn full left to check it's not overextending and test drive.

if it won't compress you have a bad SS

barno92

Good question. I don't even remember now. I will certainly try this out and report back. Thanks for the ideas!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
So this started after the lift was installed basically? You said you had a alignment fine, by chance do you have the print out?

barno92

It got a lot worse when the lift was installed. No printout. But I did stand and watch the guys do the alignment on the computer.

jeeeep

Hooked
you've checked your axle alignment and it's centered front and rear?

I remember mine had a slight pull after installing my lift, drove me nuts and can't remember what I did to fix it.

you tightened all the control arm, track bar, bolts with the Jeep on the ground and gave it a good bounce on the bumper to shake any binds out?

steering wheel is centered?

barno92

I actually paid the place to center the axle before they did the alignment. The guy seemed to know what he was doing. He let me hang in the garage while he did the work so I watched him do everything. Something else seems to be off.

barno92

Something has to be bent somewhere. Everything that can be adjusted has been done so and it still pulls man. What else could cause this if it wore out. Ball joints, tierod ends, etc are approaching 100,000miles.

Tachyon

I have a similar problem. Installed the lift, Jeep pulls left when I accelerate and if I engine brake (it's a manual), it pulls right. It goes dead straight when i coast or use the brakes.

I have a Fox steering damper, which I believe will usually make it pull left, but why does the direction change to right if I downshift or let off the gas?

Checked tire pressure, just had it aligned...here are the specs. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419734681.488149.jpg

Top Bottom