LoD Rock sliders?

Ant's JK

Just curious if anyone is running the LoD signature series rock sliders I was thinking about getting them, pros and cons, how do they mount to the frame? If there is a thread on this already I apologize.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Strizzychris runs them. He speaks highly of them. I believe he has a write up somewhere on the install.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I run them and really like them they give you a really nice step getting into the Jeep. They're not too hard to bolt up. basically you drill and tap the frame in several areas.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

bkac

Caught the Bug
Let me also clarify I don't just run them for looks I use them for what they are intended for and they seem to really hold up with a beating.

spinuck

I have them, and they've held up pretty well. they have one decent size ding from driving off a rock coming out of Wentworth springs. One downside is the little Allen-key head bolts that hold the inserts on. Mine are chewed up a bit, so I cant take them off. they mount to the frame. A fellow Jeeper welded mine on for me.

Pics:
sliders.jpg slider dent.jpg

the dent came at 4:53 of this video. The guy spotting me turned around and walked away so I thought it was clear in front me and drove right off.

StrizzyChris

As mentioned, I love mine! I have looked for every pivoting bolder and attempted to bash it off the rocks every chance I have when out. I just had to test them out and give me an excuse to switch to EVO weld on sliders....but I don't see the need at this time. At this time they are bolted on, but i will weld these on eventually. A few dents/scrapes, but no bending or displacement of the tubes.

Ant's JK

How does the tapping into the frame go? I never done it before

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

Here's a few pics of the instal on my page...

L.o.D. Install

Eddie has a complete write-up so Ill search for that

As far as how to tap something, its very easy. You drill a hole according to the size of your tap/bolt and then using screw in and out turns you tap the frame slowly.

I have the LoD Signature Sliders and love them. My son, 5, loves the step along with SWMBO. I used weld nuts to bold my sliders on. Basically I drilled the holes and welded a threaded insert. I also used grade 8 bolts. I have not put them to use on rocks but the trails I have been on in Florida saved the drivers side of Canvas coming down a hill. It was rutted out and Canvas slid into the side wall. Sliders kept the shiny stuff from getting damaged.

R/
Will

Ant's JK

Thanks for all the info guys really helps, install doesn't seem bad at all.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the info guys really helps, install doesn't seem bad at all.

With a sharp drill bit and a new tab the install was a breeze! I did it solo with a set of Jack stands to hold up the sliders. Just make sure you get the sliders tight against the sides of the frame before you drill the bottom bolts. Great purchase, you won't be sorry and the packaging they come in is amazing. Good luck!

jedg

Install is pretty straight forward. I bolted mine on and then later welded them in place after I was satisfied with their performance. They've definitely saved my body panels on several occasions. As stated above, be sure to clean the mud out of them on a regular basis (it collects inside the triangle that is formed by them).

TrailBear

I'm running them, I went with then because I could do the install at home, as I don't have a welder. I have been very impressed with them, I have had one side of my jeep in the air with the slider on a rock, no bending at all.

Leocon

Just curious if anyone is running the LoD signature series rock sliders I was thinking about getting them, pros and cons, how do they mount to the frame? If there is a thread on this already I apologize.

I have them and love them....they are the older version...that dont have the take off under part....I took them and my rear LoD Gen 2 rear bumper off my 08 and had them put on my 13 when i traded it in...

JAGS

Hooked
These sliders have been known to detect and expose faulty charities and crooks. Just for that, I'd recommend them. 👍😉

On a serious note, I've wheeled with several people who have these and the sliders have done great on the trail.

- Jason

bapicella

LoD JKU sliders

Looking for some pictures of the LoD sliders. Would appreciate anyone who has a set to post them up! Thanks

Top Bottom