Buying wheels tomorrow

Thirdcoast

So I am finally buying wheels and tires tomorrow but I am stuck between two wheels and hoping I could get some input. Jeep is dark green.

Option 1 is AEV Pinter in Gun Metal
Option 2 is Black Rock Viper in the aluminum color

I like one, wife likes the other and it is her Dailey driver. Planning on Goodyear duratracs since we we live in Western Michigan.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So I am finally buying wheels and tires tomorrow but I am stuck between two wheels and hoping I could get some input. Jeep is dark green.

Option 1 is AEV Pinter in Gun Metal
Option 2 is Black Rock Viper in the aluminum color

I like one, wife likes the other and it is her Dailey driver. Planning on Goodyear duratracs since we we live in Western Michigan.

There was a tread recently about AEV's rims cracking after some use. If I were you I would look into it a little more before you purchase them.

Thirdcoast

There was a tread recently about AEV's rims cracking after some use. If I were you I would look into it a little more before you purchase them.

Thanks for sharing, I read that as well but forgot about it. I wonder if that problem has been fixed.

I have the black rocks! They have been great so far. IF you plan on wheeling moderate to hard, I would go a different direction though. The spokes stick out past the rim's edge and hit on rocks. I've tore mine up pretty bad in a couple places..... Just my $.02. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411095459.210009.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411095513.930703.jpg

Thirdcoast

I have the black rocks! They have been great so far. IF you plan on wheeling moderate to hard, I would go a different direction though. The spokes stick out past the rim's edge and hit on rocks. I've tore mine up pretty bad in a couple places..... Just my $.02. View attachment 100929 View attachment 100930

That being said now I'm also considering the Pro Comp Helldorado. We don't have too much Rocky Stuff in Michigan but I am more concerned with my wife Curbing the wheels

Top Bottom