where to go wheeling in San Diego

Robicon

I’ll be in San Diego tomorrow with some friends and I’m looking for an easy/medium trail to take them wheeling on.

I didn’t see much on google or Cal Back Road guide. Would be great if someone could recommend a trail in southern San Diego.

Thanks,
Rob

10frank9

Web Wheeler
You should hit up Tweetie7123 he goes wheeling EVERY weekend! Lol.

Look up superstition mountain OHV lots of trails there from mild to wild.

Robicon

Might be the plan. funny that I grew up in the imperial valley and almost vowed to never travel past SD on the 8 if I can help it when I left. Grew up running a baja bug and a shocked up datsun all over the superstations, glamis and points in-between. (cant leave out mount signal)

will probably see a high school friend or relative if I hit the superstitions again!.

JKWrang

hmmm, just noticed that the tweety comment was meant as some sort of put down, well whatever...

Not for you - kind of a joke for everyone else. The 2nd half of the reply was a legit reply to you inasfar as where to wheel was. We like to joke around here :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fridge81

A buddy of mine that worked for the BP in IV told me about a trail near Inkopah that is called the moon valley trail. I looked it up on YouTube and appears to be fairly mild.

I think I'm gonna check it out next time I get a chance.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Not for you - kind of a joke for everyone else. The 2nd half of the reply was a legit reply to you inasfar as where to wheel was. We like to joke around here :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes this ^^^^^ I am Frank and I have a sarcasm problem....

Robicon

LOL Frank, all good. I just had to figure out what the inside joke i stumbled into was.

Thanks for the replies! I totally didn't think about looking a few miles east of SD.

Robicon

Thanks all.

Wound up on Old Truck Trail in Southern SD. This small cliff road is a nice drive unless you need to backup... Did not have that issue, but one of our passengers was a BP and did need to take care of business during the trip.

If you take this trail, expect BP to be on it and be careful on the blind corners. They have done a nice job of installing the blind curve bubble mirrors, but it is a long way to the bottom at some points:)

Rob

ps, still a noob and working out how to post my pic's

Top Bottom