UNCLE!!! Seriously, I'm Crying UNCLE!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just read the following GMA article...

California Gas Prices Force Some Station Owners to Shut Pumps

...A gallon of regular gas was $5.69 Thursday in Calabasas, while a gallon of super costs $5.89 with cash and $5.99 with credit. Such prices are causing pain at the pump for many drivers who might see an 11-cent increase by later this morning, which means some could be paying more than $6 a gallon...

See the whole article here:

http://gma.yahoo.com/california-gas...hut-pumps-064022563--abc-news-topstories.html

For those of you in control of gas prices, ya got me - HAHA, it was all fun and games but really, you can stop now. I'm feeling pain at the pump and I'm crying 'uncle' so, please stop. In fact, I will keep crying 'uncle' everytime I gas up until prices start to come down.

UNCLE!!

uncle-01.jpg

:grayno:

jktubby

Thats horrible. Everytime i fill up my jeep it hurts me inside :crybaby:, and thats that gas is only $3.52/gallon. I cant imagine how you fill with it being about a dollar more then me, and wouldnt even imagine how much it will hurt if its $6. I guess its time to pull out the horses. :drinks:

MTG

Caught the Bug
You'll be crying uncle for a while. I blame clarsen. You should make him buy drinks tonight.

The company I work for (large oil producer) sent out an email last night stating the main reasons for why fuel prices are increasing in California (maybe common knowledge)...

- Gasoline supply is currently constrained in California due to disruptions at a number of California refineries
- Gasoline supply is also constrained because the industry draws down its fuel inventories while it transitions from summer to winter gasoline formulas as mandated by this wonderful state we live in
- California also has the most strict standards for gasoline formula in the nation, making it difficult (near impossible) to import Gasoline to meet supply shortages
- Outside of California, average gasoline prices dropped in the last several weeks with the overall decline in crude oil prices

Hooray for traveling in California this weekend!!!! :grayno: :broke:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
well that sucks :grayno:

on a side note, i just past a costco in a neighboring city and saw that they had a bunch of shopping carts blocking off the entrance to their gas pumps. on the way home, i drove by my local costco and saw the same thing. when i got home, i started reading the local news and saw this:

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_21698765/gas-shortage-shutters-costco-stations-simi-northridge-and

wtf?! seriously, i haven't seen it this bad since i was a kid only back then, i think they called it a red flag day :naw:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'll be honest, I rarely look at what gas costs per gallon but I had to fill up a truck today so I looked. Just paid $4.70 for 87.

But hey, at least we are not in Canada, eh? What are you paying these days Mr. Nolting.

BONDSY

$4.45 at the arco by my house. Could of swore it was 4.09 yesterday and 3.89 a couple days ago. :mad:

It's a political football. Before, high gas prices were detrimental to the economy. Now the spikes in prices are actually good for us?
Complete BS.

Last edited:

Blonda

Good thing our DD is a Mini... But wait, it requires Premium and only gets 25 MPH... Not much better, but it feels like it is :)

TrailBear

Up here its just shy of 6 bucks a gallon! I wish I could afford a new JK like the wife, my old tj gets just over 300km to 60l, her jk gets 600k to 75l

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It costs me about $140 to fill up our Yukon XL with 87 octane. Not fun...especially when my wife was going through a tank about every ten days.

naysjp

Sucks because I'm starting to get closer to taking the Jeep out again and now the gas has gotten outrageous.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sharkey said:
It costs me about $140 to fill up our Yukon XL with 87 octane. Not fun...especially when my wife was going through a tank about every ten days.

Lucky! Our Navi takes premium. You put more miles on yours than we do.

Edit:
3/4 of a tank tonight.

image-183229050.jpg

Last edited:

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
UNCLE!!

271313_10151155785208971_213013872_o.jpg

:grayno:

Top Bottom