prorock 80 install issues?

greenenvey

I'm having a prorock 80 rear installed in my 2 door JK. I was told "If we roll the axle up to get the correct pinion angle the shock/track bar mounts are not level but angled back." They are going to talk to danatrac Monday but was wondering if anyone has ran into this.

computeruser6

What is your suspension system do you have? Any pictures or more details on the ProRock you could give out? I wish I could afford that much axle.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm having a prorock 80 rear installed in my 2 door JK. I was told "If we roll the axle up to get the correct pinion angle the shock/track bar mounts are not level but angled back." They are going to talk to danatrac Monday but was wondering if anyone has ran into this.

Yeah, on a 2-door and with a low pinion axle, setting your pinion angle for an aftermarket u-joint style double cardan drive shaft will have your coil perches, shock mounts and track bar mount all rotated out of place. You should be able to order your axle with the mounts just tacked on and then position them where you need them to be during install.

2011jk

X2 on ordering all the brackets tacked on or better yet get aftermarket brackets that are 1/4". Wish I would have gone that way as I had to remove most of mine and get new brackets as the angles we wrong, ordered correctly but shit happened I guess.

greenenvey

Well its to late for ordering it like that because I've already got the axle .. but I'm assuming the brackets can be removed and repositioned? I haven't seen the axle it's at motech being installed.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well its to late for ordering it like that because I've already got the axle .. but I'm assuming the brackets can be removed and repositioned? I haven't seen the axle it's at motech being installed.

Well, you can have Robbie cut the brackets off but you won't be able to reuse them. You can order new ones from Dynatrac and have them welded on however you need. Is it safe to assume you will not be running coil overs?

Top Bottom