New track bar, so far so good

Techno101

Installed Rough Country adjustable front track bar today. Moved the front axle about 5/8" and re-centered to steering wheel. Also installed a rough country steering stabilizer as well. So far no Death Wobble. I hit all the bumps that triggered it before and I was nervous as hell, but no DW yet.

I will be moving the track bar again though as I'm about a 1/4" string on the passenger side now. While on the jack stands, I didn't feel any slack in the ball joints by just moving the tire up and side to side. So hopefully I'm good now....

2009 Wrangler X
2.5" Rough Country Lift
RC adjustable track bar
RC Steering Stabilizer

At 2.5 the axle only shifts about 3/8. That's only 1/8-3/16 of length added to the track bar from stock.
How are you measuring axle center ?

Glad it's working out for you. Mark the track bar bolts with a paint pen and make sure they stay torqued.

Techno101

I adjusted the track bar to what the instructions stated. I'm measuring from outside the tires using a straight edge from the "bulge" in the too and bottom sidewall, to the top of the spring perch. I figured it would be a little long, but I thought I'd try it first...

2009 Wrangler X
2.5" Rough Country Lift
RC adjustable track bar
RC Steering Stabilizer

noroad

nice, I would highly suggest that next time you move the track bar you replace both ends. I have seen there new track bars ends split right in half and crack, it sucks when you are 4 miles deep into a trail.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
nice, I would highly suggest that next time you move the track bar you replace both ends. I have seen there new track bars ends split right in half and crack, it sucks when you are 4 miles deep into a trail.

Then you have to strap it down to the axle only to have them break again lol

That was a long/fun day

Techno101

Well that makes me just really excited about it.... We do mostly mud bogging here in Louisiana, no rocks here lol, so hopefully we won't be rock bashing.

2009 Wrangler X
2.5" Rough Country Lift
RC adjustable track bar
RC Steering Stabilizer

Top Bottom