Wave from Fallon, NV

RSOV Mk2

Name comes from something I used to drive:

eb745dd2d7.jpg

Of course, a highly modified land rover 110 doesn't hold a candle to the a '14 Rubicon Unlimited, especially considering highway driving that thing in rain sucked... Had a CJ-7, called it RSOVJR but sold it off to get the K5 Blazer I have.

badc0ad034.jpg

Now, it's got a little friend.

d96ddd29a0.jpg

I don't intend on making the Jeep as big as the Blazer... from experience, while Jeeps can go all over the place and I enjoy the heck out of it.....having a bigger rig is better where my heart lies, which is back in Alaska...

33b2f8e46b.jpg

Besides, the Jeep's the intermediate rig between my tow rig 04 silverado and the almost purely offroaded Blazer.

Little bout me, retired Army, 3 trips overseas with 3/75 (if the Ranger Special Operations Vehicle wasn't enough of a hint). Ran the gamut of duties and positions there, as well as post-service... currently a fledgling DBA/system monitor. It pays the bills and I enjoy 100% telecommuting.

Nice to meet ya'll!

Redmow

Greetings! First off, thank you for your service! I remember the cutv's...used to drive them in the Army back in the 80's. Our Tank Bn was just supplied with the M1's yet we still had Willie Jeeps. Great times. Cheers!:beer:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Welcome to Wayalife!

Many moons ago I drove a built up K5. While I loved that rig, it was nowhere near as capable in the mountains as my JKUR.

Plus, I had to run a 4" lift on my K5 to run 33x12.5 tires; no lift on my Jeep to run the same. Obviously the K5 won the power, towing, and payload contests though so I can understand why you would keep it in the stable.

Last edited:

RSOV Mk2

Welcome to Wayalife!

Many moons ago I drove a built up K5. While I loved that rig, it was nowhere near as capable in the mountains as my JKUR.

Plus, I had to run a 4" lift on my K5 to run 33x12.5 tires; no lift on my Jeep to run the same. Obviously the K5 won the power, towing, and payload contests though so I can understand why you would keep it.

I ran on a rescue for a stuck rig in the Reno area a while back... and was literally head and shoulders above the crowd sitting on only 6" of spring with 38's on 1 tons... and my rig's small for Alaska, or at least the guys I ran with.

While I don't intend to take it as extreme as some do with a full-blown moose buggy, it'll be close when all is said and done. The only thing holding me back is that (at least currently) I want to keep all my rigs roadable/street legal, so that means Ag's are out, as is much more of a lift without having to shift headlights and other issues inherent with going taller/bigger.

It just ends up coming down to different needs for different terrain, as well as trail driving style.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I ran on a rescue for a stuck rig in the Reno area a while back... and was literally head and shoulders above the crowd sitting on only 6" of spring with 38's on 1 tons... and my rig's small for Alaska, or at least the guys I ran with.

While I don't intend to take it as extreme as some do with a full-blown moose buggy, it'll be close when all is said and done. The only thing holding me back is that (at least currently) I want to keep all my rigs roadable/street legal, so that means Ag's are out, as is much more of a lift without having to shift headlights and other issues inherent with going taller/bigger.

It just ends up coming down to different needs for different terrain, as well as trail driving style.

Yep, and we don't get a lot of moose or deep mud around here. ;)

You can pretty easily run 40's on a JKUR with under 5" of lift.

Top Bottom