new ARB 4" lift for jk

Gibbo

I'll be having the ARB 4" lift fitted to my 2010 JK 2 door in 2 days time. Does anyone have any views on the offset washers used to correct caster. Will they last, or become flogged out in a short time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
it's a better design than just a basic cam bolt but, you still need to notch out the mounts to make the square holes into slots. i personally wouldn't install them and would use adjustable front lower control arms to do the same job instead.

Gibbo

it's a better design than just a basic cam bolt but, you still need to notch out the mounts to make the square holes into slots. i personally wouldn't install them and would use adjustable front lower control arms to do the same job instead.

You were right, they slotted the holes. It also lifted 6" not the 4.5" it was suppose to. It will settle a little though, but I don't think 1.5". End result I am happy with it. Very good quality kit for us non rock hoppers here in Australia.

Gibbo

Here's a pic of the off set washer, and the jeep. (still has 33's for the moment).

Attachments

• 2012-10-14 13.09.46.jpg
    2012-10-14 13.09.46.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 2012-10-14 15.30.43.jpg
    2012-10-14 15.30.43.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 82

Gibbo

It was measured wrong. It lifted 4.5". The caster measures 6.7 degrees. Its been a month now and it drives rock solid with no noises or vibrations. Needs an adjustable rear track bar to better center the rear axle.

bl17z90

If you keep those 33's your articulation is going to be awesome....that is if yourbump stop and brake lines allow it

Top Bottom