Air locker solenoid problem!

noroad

So i just got my air locker put in back in july only used it a couple times, the problem is it will not let the air out when i turn the switch off(it is not the switch as it turns it on fine). so that leaves me to believe it was the Air locker solenoid. It was never a loud air dump as well(couldnt really hear it turn off). should i call the shop that installed the locker or is there a quick fix you guys think i could do?

You should be able to hear the air release out of the solaniod. It's either the switch or solaniod. If I had to guess I would say it was the solaniod though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

You should be able to hear the air release out of the solaniod. It's either the switch or solaniod. If I had to guess I would say it was the solaniod though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ya i could never hear it release air so i think it was just bad, i called the shop and they are going to see if it is will be covered!

noroad

well shop called and said yukon was sending a new one to my house no problem, nice. question now is are they fixable or should i just junk the old one??

JKFlyer

Junk it. Easy to install. Should definitely hear air release. Did ur locker actually lock? If so then u know it partially worked and is not a switch issue

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

Junk it. Easy to install. Should definitely hear air release. Did ur locker actually lock? If so then u know it partially worked and is not a switch issue

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

ya it locks just wont let air out, new one is on the way free!

noroad

another air locker solenoid

so I got a new air locker solenoid due to the last one breaking, but now when i turn it off it spits out oil from the top of the solenoid? what can i do to stop this or is there another problem! (it locks and unlocks now)

JKWrang

Couldn't be something as stupid as an o-ring could it? Like I would know anything about o-rings.... :crazyeyes:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

gtony12

Caught the Bug
with the front it could be leaking past the seals. Maybe bad O-ring. Just like jkwrang said

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

duneslider

I have heard if the axle breather is clogged or not working it can cause oil to go up the air line. Try taking the white one way valve off your breather and see if the issue gets better. Might have to drain the air line out too. Those one way valves can go bad.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom