Roof rack help

Dannyboy76

So I am in the market for buying a Rack System for my JKU. The only thing I will just it for is for putting two Stand Up Paddle boards on. As I am doing research there are a lot of the choose from. But the chooses get smaller when you add the fact that I still want to be able to put down my soft top. So I am hoping that some of you can guide me in the right direction. I have kind of narrow it down to three racks, The Warrior Water Sports rack, Garvin Adventure Rack and the Sherpa Sport Rack. Does anybody have any one of the three on a 4 Door and maybe can post some pics. The only pictures I can really find are the ones that the manufacture puts up. And all three manufactures state that putting up the and down the soft top with easy. Which is something I have a hard time believing. Also I have been trying to find videos of these racks in “action” so to speak. But really couldn’t find anything. So any reviews would help.

Mitrig

So I am in the market for buying a Rack System for my JKU. The only thing I will just it for is for putting two Stand Up Paddle boards on. As I am doing research there are a lot of the choose from. But the chooses get smaller when you add the fact that I still want to be able to put down my soft top. So I am hoping that some of you can guide me in the right direction. I have kind of narrow it down to three racks, The Warrior Water Sports rack, Garvin Adventure Rack and the Sherpa Sport Rack. Does anybody have any one of the three on a 4 Door and maybe can post some pics. The only pictures I can really find are the ones that the manufacture puts up. And all three manufactures state that putting up the and down the soft top with easy. Which is something I have a hard time believing. Also I have been trying to find videos of these racks in “action” so to speak. But really couldn’t find anything. So any reviews would help.

i am in the same boat, dying to find a good quality rack. Debating one which sits as part of a full body cage or one which is fixed onto the vehicle itself

Dannyboy76

Yea I just can't decide. Some racks, I feel make the jeep look strange when the soft top is down. Some I want some that is functional and looks good. I still can't find any videos of any rack being used or it's functions.

Rivalicon

i am in the same boat, dying to find a good quality rack. Debating one which sits as part of a full body cage or one which is fixed onto the vehicle itself
This is a smittybilt rack. I like my rack and I have a lift in my garage to take my hardtop off without having to pull the rack off. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411525714.779949.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411525812.051785.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411525580.189149.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411525580.189149.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 231

Super T

I have the Body Armor 4x4 and have no complaints with it besides the powder coating holding up to our rugged winters with the salt and road debris. In order to put my soft top up and down I had to remove my aluminum basket which would have been difficult but I made a push pin design instead of removing 6 bolts. Now I just rock my hard top and slide it out the rear of the cage.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411608631.202987.jpg

Mitrig

I have the Body Armor 4x4 and have no complaints with it besides the powder coating holding up to our rugged winters with the salt and road debris. In order to put my soft top up and down I had to remove my aluminum basket which would have been difficult but I made a push pin design instead of removing 6 bolts. Now I just rock my hard top and slide it out the rear of the cage.

View attachment 102086

This looks just like i want!!!!

LoD is supposed to be coming out with one soon as well. :yup:

Your are correct, we will have pics this week! Our roof rack system allows you to access your soft top and put it up or down without removing any of the gear you have stored on it! We are installing it right now actually!

bkac

Caught the Bug
Can't wait to see the pictures LoD!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
LōD Offroad;378410 said:
Your are correct, we will have pics this week! Our roof rack system allows you to access your soft top and put it up or down without removing any of the gear you have stored on it! We are installing it right now actually!

Well it's about time!:thumb::beer:

Sounds interesting, I can't wait to see the creation. Any additional details you can leak? I'm assuming from your description that the rack must mount to the body somehow. How's the weight? What about the load capacity? I know, I know, I'll find out soon enough. :crazyeyes:

Well it's about time!:thumb::beer:

Sounds interesting, I can't wait to see the creation. Any additional details you can leak? I'm assuming from your description that the rack must mount to the body somehow. How's the weight? What about the load capacity? I know, I know, I'll find out soon enough. :crazyeyes:

It will carry 300 lbs while driving, its unlike any other rack on the market on how it functions and allow you to access the soft top. It has mounts for LED lighting and many many more features! The rear mounts are completely different than anything else also and make it much stiffer so you don't need any rubber supports touching the body like the competitions racks.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
LōD Offroad;378435 said:
It will carry 300 lbs while driving, its unlike any other rack on the market on how it functions and allow you to access the soft top. It has mounts for LED lighting and many many more features! The rear mounts are completely different than anything else also and make it much stiffer so you don't need any rubber supports touching the body like the competitions racks.

Sounds interesting and very different than other options that are out there. :clap2: Now hurry up and finish the install so we can see some pics. ;)

sean.m.adams33

LōD Offroad;378435 said:

Looking forward to these picks.

Daehgib

LōD Offroad;378435 said:

Maybe dumb question: You spoke to the soft top. Will removing the hard top or the freedom panels also be an easy thing to do?

Also very excited to see pics!

Wethy

LōD Offroad;378410 said:

not to hijack, but will there Be a 2dr version? because this is something id be possibly interested in as well!

Maybe dumb question: You spoke to the soft top. Will removing the hard top or the freedom panels also be an easy thing to do?

Also very excited to see pics!

Yes, you can also remove the hard top with it installed. The Freedom panels are very easy to remove with the way its designed also.

Budman

Gobi Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited 4 Door Stealth Recon Roof Rack

Have a 2012 JK Wrangler Rubicon and I searched for a long time for a roof top rack. Compared multiple brands as you have listed and happen to see a Gobi on a JK on the road that changed the brands and direction. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387762246.121086.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387762198.046803.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387762176.037025.jpg

Highly recommend the Gobi Stealth Roof Rack. Bolt on application with factory bumpers or other aftermarket bumpers. Set for a 40' light bar and 300lb. driving load capacity, 600 lbs. static load capacity and lots of accessories to add on as your use expands. 2 door and 4 door versions. They tilt for soft top removal or easy freedom top removal and the duel ladders are the best. I have added 2 Yakima bike racks and wheel mounts. Easy to add on any number of bikes racks kayaks, paddle boards, fuel cans etc.

Trail Duty has monthly specials and all the accessories.
https://www.trailduty.com/product

GOBI Roof Rack Install and Hard Top Lift off YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HklKyn27Go

Dannyboy76

Budman-thanks for the pictures and video. I was looking at the rack as well. I was looking around the net for picture when the soft top or hardtop where down. And what it looked like.

LOD- when do you think you will be posting the new rack online?

Top Bottom