Ron Burgundy Build

Mastermind

I bought this jeep in May of 2014. Its kind of a long story with the jeep but to make it shorter, my wife is going to be a doctor. I had a VW Touareg V8 that was freaking awesome. (I may throw a photo of that below also) Racheal and I decided to sell our house, all our belongings and live out of a Motorhome while we travel around for at least a year. I wanted a vehicle to tow behind the Motorhome and because of my deep roots with jeeps and my love for the outdoors the Wrangler won over the Fiat 500. I found one I liked at a shady dealership in Denver. I went for it despite their reputation. Paid extra for a warranty, got a great deal on financing. I was pleased until 2 weeks after buying it, the slave cylinder busted out and destroyed the clutch, and while repairing the clutch the stealership noticed I had a worn out 6 speed that needed replaced ASAP. $5,500 later, I should be all set to go...

I've affectionately named my jeep Ron.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411422848.010747.jpg

Oregonjeeper

Well Hopefully your troubles are now over.. Cant wait to see the photos of your jeepin trips while traveling the us :thumb:

Mastermind

I have a picture in my head of the final product I would like to see. It shouldn't be too difficult to end up there. The first step I did was the typical steps: cheap plastic stuff that is fun to install and ditch the factory 18s. I got a set of 17s that are way cheaper to install big ass tires.

View attachment 101714

I also was able to find a great deal on a Rock-Slide Engineering bumper thanks to the guys at Rebel off-road in California.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411423396.540631.jpg

Mastermind

I then had to decide on a lift setup while we were going to be back in Denver for a little bit. I have always used Rough Country products when lifting my jeeps in the past. I am familiar with them, and I really like their products. I have installed around 10 of their lift kits on different jeeps and trucks throughout the years. Like the size of the 4" lift but wanted a little more out of the lift. I decided to get a 3.5" kit that included the extended lower control arms, all the high steer brackets and rear sway bar setup. The kicker: I went with the 4 door kit! I ended up with 5.25" actual lift out of the kit.

Me=thrilled

I, soon before that, found a set of 37" Krawler KX tires to fit after I got the lift on. The end result is beautiful!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411423929.008450.jpg

Mastermind

I found a hard top on Craigslist that someone wanted to trade his hard top for my worn out soft top and $600 cash. Done.

This brings us to present day. My list of want to do's:
5.13 regear with e-lockers
C-gussets
Enhanced underside skids
Rubicon Rails enhanced step
Windshield LED lightbar
AEV tire carrier for rear bumper
Led fog lights
Daystar dash organizer
And most important...

W A Y A L I F E windshield banner

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411424666.928125.jpg

Mastermind

LED lighting

I decided to go for the LED lighting as my next step. I got a pretty good setup, I think. I got the usual 52" 300w LED lightbar to go across the upper windshield, but then I also got the 4" led pillar lights also. This stuff wasn't all that cheap but looks pretty awesome. I have to get everything wired up, still but I have to decide on a switch panel setup first.

IMG_0036.jpg IMG_0037.jpg IMG_0038.jpg

Top Bottom