P06DD Code on 3.6

combolc

The magnificent P06DD (DUAL STAGE OIL PUMP STUCK LOW ) code appeared over the weekend. When the light initially appeared on Friday evening the Jeep would get stuck around 3500 RPMs in any gear. I checked the oil and filter to verify no issues existed (I did recently change the oil). I always use a Mopar filter because of research regarding this code. I received this code once in the past when the Jeep was brand new but filter swap resolved it.

On Saturday the Jeep was running 100% but the light remained on. Sunday the Jeep was parked all day and Monday morning it was dropped off to dealer. On the drive to the dealer the Jeep was running 100% as it was Saturday but the light no longer existed. The dealer wasted my entire day (with an appointment) and then told me in the afternoon that the Jeep was running 100% and they could not locate any issues; the code was "stale".

My question for everyone is.. Should I press the issue with the Dealer to replace the oil pump, where the sensor is located or is it really a common bogus code on the 3.6? Maybe it was just related to the recent oil change

Jeep is under warranty.

:thinking::thinking:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Are you sure you have the correct filter? There is a different filter for the 2014's and up then what the 2012-13 came with.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Are you sure you have the correct filter? There is a different filter for the 2014's and up then what the 2012-13 came with.

I have found that only a mopar filter works in my 14 Grand Cherokee 3.6 if I use anything else I only get around 10psi of pressure. Not sure if it's the same on a JK.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have found that only a mopar filter works in my 14 Grand Cherokee 3.6 if I use anything else I only get around 10psi of pressure. Not sure if it's the same on a JK.

Last time there was an issue with a friends, mopar was the only one that made a filter that works with the '14+ motor.

bkac

Caught the Bug
So that means I have to have the mopar filter when I do the oil change?

Yes, at least that's what I've found only works for me. I now only use mopar filters in my 14 3.6's

bkac

Caught the Bug
Btw, does you dash show you the oil pressure? I know mine does onto my 14 jkur if I scroll down through the menu. I'm normally around 36psi when the engine is warm.

combolc

Btw, does you dash show you the oil pressure? I know mine does onto my 14 jkur if I scroll down through the menu. I'm normally around 36psi when the engine is warm.

I dont have that feature only the basic OBD

So that means I have to have the mopar filter when I do the oil change?

First time I used STP filter this code popped up.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Try a mopar filter. That should fix it

combolc

Update

Light returned on the way to Overland Expo East.

Arrive at dealer and they replaced the oil filter housing which contains a sensor for the dual stage pump. Jeep was great for next 3 days. Traveled to Overland Expo and light returned on the third day. Dropped Jeep off Monday morning and currently waiting for replacement of dual stage oil pump.

Hopefully the replacement of the pump and filter housing resolves all P06DD issues. As soon as the light pops on the Jeep doesn't accelerate past 3200 RPM. This is the point at which the pump should activate high setting.

Just wanted to provide some feedback for other who may experience this issue.

:naw:

Top Bottom