Security deck options

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Is there a security deck that allows me to still fold down the rear seats for extra storage still? I know that sounds somewhat self defeating, but I need to carry long guns but would still like security when the top is off.

xflstl

Your best and maybe cheapest option might be to fine a local shop that makes custom tool boxes and such for work trucks / semi trucks. That way you can have it made exactly to your needs, at a cost equal to or less than some of the mass produced ones.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
For those who own a Tuffy Security Deck:
1) Can it be installed without using the back piece (behind the seats)?
2) Do any of you know if it comes in contact with the Poison Spyder C Pillar kit? (even if you ditch the side pods?)

Moochie

For those who own a Tuffy Security Deck:
1) Can it be installed without using the back piece (behind the seats)?
2) Do any of you know if it comes in contact with the Poison Spyder C Pillar kit? (even if you ditch the side pods?)

It would be worthless without the behind the seat piece. All someone would have to do is fold down your seats to have access to the secure storage area.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
It would be worthless without the behind the seat piece. All someone would have to do is fold down your seats to have access to the secure storage area.

They'd have to know I wasn't running it, and then flip down my seats, crawl into the jeep and take the contents. Right now, its just wide open (but I do see your point).

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Aries Automotive makes a security deck that allows access from the top with a key lock.........but I'm guessing you want something that doesn't have the metal plate behind the rear seats (If i'm understanding you correctly) so you can have more room to store your long rifles with the seats down......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LLy6hYm4J5Y

Install video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BcBzJqnwvU8

At 3:20 of the install video it shows the metal plate that sits behind the seats.......you could modify the plate to allow the barrels/uppers to protrude thru but would not allow the rest of the rifle(s) to fit through the hole......I'm just spit balling here........not sure this is what you're really looking to do.

~Woodrow~

MTG

Caught the Bug
Where will you put it when wheeling/traveling with wife and kids? Run electrical to the new roof rack??? Lol.

- Jason

Good guess, but wrong…again.

The deck will be made modularly so I can have a complete deck most of the time and then a partial deck when I run the fridge. The fridge is too tall to go on top or under any deck and still have it look decent and be functional…IMHO.

JAGS

Hooked
Good guess, but wrong…again.

The deck will be made modularly so I can have a complete deck most of the time and then a partial deck when I run the fridge. The fridge is too tall to go on top or under any deck and still have it look decent and be functional…IMHO.

And that's why I'm on plan/draft 3. I don't have ARB, but a cooler I have is the same size.

Modular and still structurally sound is a little tough for a one off. I've got some ideas, but not sure I like the materials needed. Will keep an eye on your plans for sure.

- Jason

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
....you could modify the plate to allow the barrels/uppers to protrude thru but would not allow the rest of the rifle(s) to fit through the hole......I'm just spit balling here........not sure this is what you're really looking to do.

~Woodrow~

Im not sure if I'll get my "ultimate" intent. The nicest option would be for me to be able to run a hard case or multiple rifle cases for competitions with a removable rear panel. Running without anything leaves anything including tools in the back awfully exposed even for a quick trip down the street.

So far the top two options:
1) Tuffy Security Deck- preferred but I don't think it will work with my Poison Spyder C Pillar's
2) Genright's Plastix Plus trunk that is removable within a few minutes. (its pricey for a chunk of plastic).

JAGS

Hooked
Im not sure if I'll get my "ultimate" intent. The nicest option would be for me to be able to run a hard case or multiple rifle cases for competitions with a removable rear panel. Running without anything leaves anything including tools in the back awfully exposed even for a quick trip down the street.

1) Tuffy Security Deck- preferred but I don't think it will work with my Poison Spyder C Pillar's
2) Genright's Plastix Plus trunk that is removable within a few minutes. (its pricey for a chunk of plastic).

No offense, but that GR unit would be fairly easy to fab up. No way in hell I'd pay 5 large for that.

- Jason

I've been building up my own. Here are a couple pictures so far. I am cutting the deck this weekend. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411621491.596370.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411621506.830680.jpg
Then I will run a few of these with tools and gear in them. The front will have access with a locked piano type hinged door. I run three gun and will feel comfortable with the top off for matches if I stop off for a bite to eat or something. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411621636.108370.jpg

Top Bottom